Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-22-2009, 05:34 AM   #1
wexdan
wexdan began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Author Sort

Hello.

Does anyone know if there is some way to turn off automatic author_sort formatting? I input my author names in 'Surname, Forename' format to allow it to be properly sorted on a Sony 505 (grrr...). But if I edit them from the main window in Calibre, the author_sort is automatically set to 'Forename, Surname,' . I can circumvent this by manually entering both fields in the edit metadata dialogue, but would love to be able to tell calibre NOT to automatically change the author name for sorting purposes.

All the 'automatically set author_sort' tags are unchecked. At least all the ones that I can find.

Am I missing something obvious?

(I hope I am asking this in the right place...)

Thanks!
wexdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, I'm afraid there isn't.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 03:21 PM   #3
wexdan
wexdan began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Thanks for the reply - I'll stop looking then!

I came across another post that suggested that entries in the author field with a comma in them wouldn't be reversed. Has this feature been discontinued? It would solve my problem, and seems a logical feature to implement.

Along with everyone else: Thankyou for this program, and the time you put into it.
wexdan is offline   Reply With Quote