Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-12-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
Palladin
Connoisseur
Palladin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700, 350 & Pocketbook IQ
Ebook Library new version failed

I installed the new version of ebook library 3.0 and it would crash every time I connected my PRS 700. Support wanted me to wipe the memory. Instead I installed the old version from my CD and all is well.

Anyone already fix this problem?
Palladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Nope; it's crashed on the majority of folks here who installed, or rather tried to install, that version. I too went back to the 2.5 version.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2009, 09:47 PM   #3
hike_gc
Zealot
hike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nook
Me too

I spent a hour or so doing a chat with Sony tech support the other night which got me nowhere. I too went back to version 2.5. It seems like version 3 either installs and works perfect or makes your life miserable. Most seem on the 'makes your life miserable' end of the spectrum.
hike_gc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:25 PM   #4
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I haven't had any problems with 3.0. Just had to say.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:35 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
To all who have a problem with eBook Library 3.0, what do you have running when the system starts?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2009, 10:57 PM   #6
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
I'll never understand how a company like Sony can so thoroughly manage to screw up software so often. Hardware so pretty, software so bad.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:03 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
I'll never understand how a company like Sony can so thoroughly manage to screw up software so often. Hardware so pretty, software so bad.
eBook Library works for me on two different systems. There has to be a reason behind the failures. This is why I asked what is running on systems with the failure.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:25 PM   #8
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
I'm sure it is working for lots of people. I'm just saying they have a history of being sloppy when it comes to software - either by poor implementation/design or buggy. And that extends to the PSP and PS3 as well.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:55 PM   #9
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
eBook Library works for me on two different systems. There has to be a reason behind the failures. This is why I asked what is running on systems with the failure.
I'm running Vista Home Premium SP2.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:13 AM   #10
komugi
Zealot
komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Surface Pro 3, HTC 10, Kobo Aura H2O
Well, I am currently running Windows 7 x64 RTM and EBL 3 crashed every time I launched it. I set the compability mode as Windows Vista (SP2) and everything is now peachy. Did you try setting it as Windows XP SP3 mode?
komugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:20 AM   #11
usfbull
usfbull began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600
I have windows vist home premium 64-bit, sp2, and it crashes everytime I run it.
usfbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:07 AM   #12
ultramookie
almighty trouble creator
ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: bn nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
And that extends to the PSP and PS3 as well.
i disagree. i have never had any issues with software for my ps3 or psp (either system software or games/other software running on it). that being said, i haven't had any issues with software that runs directly on sony hardware (like the reader or my sony mp3 player). i think sony needs some better qa when it comes to its software that runs on hardware that it doesn't have direct control over -- ie, windows machines and macs.
ultramookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:29 AM   #13
darylbrayman
Connoisseur
darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Mini, Glo, Aura and Aura H20
Ver 2.5

Like it seems the majority, I am having problems with Ver. 3. On my Netbook running XP it works great. On my Laptop running Vista Home Premium the software crashes as soon as I plug my PRS-300 in. I see a lot of you went back to Ver 2.5. This doesn't seem to be an option for me. The PRS-300 doesn't come with a disk. The reader has the software built in and does an install when you first plug it in. So, is there anywhere you can download ver 2.5? I'd like to try it on my Vista machine and see what happens.

Thanks, Daryl
darylbrayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:46 AM   #14
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by darylbrayman View Post
Like it seems the majority, I am having problems with Ver. 3. On my Netbook running XP it works great. On my Laptop running Vista Home Premium the software crashes as soon as I plug my PRS-300 in. I see a lot of you went back to Ver 2.5. This doesn't seem to be an option for me. The PRS-300 doesn't come with a disk. The reader has the software built in and does an install when you first plug it in. So, is there anywhere you can download ver 2.5? I'd like to try it on my Vista machine and see what happens.

Thanks, Daryl
Yes, 2.5 here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...38&postcount=1
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:36 AM   #15
darylbrayman
Connoisseur
darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Mini, Glo, Aura and Aura H20
Ver 2.5

Thank you very much. I'll give it a try and see how it works for me. I'll post the results latter.

Regards, Daryl
darylbrayman is offline   Reply With Quote