Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-18-2009, 10:56 AM   #31
Palladin
Connoisseur
Palladin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700, 350 & Pocketbook IQ
My 700 keeps locking up each time I try to search the dictionary. I just loaded version 2 and still locks up. I guess searching is out of the question?

Edit: It is the Webster 1913 version 2 and it locks up seaching to find a word such as taciturn. It is in the book memory.

Last edited by Palladin; 10-18-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Palladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:48 AM   #32
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palladin View Post
My 700 keeps locking up each time I try to search the dictionary. I just loaded version 2 and still locks up. I guess searching is out of the question?
Which dictionary? The Webster's 1913 version found under MR's free ebooks?
I've never had a problem with this at all. Just double-checked, I also have version 2 loaded on mine. I have mine loaded onto a memory SD card that I always keep inserted in the reader. I wish I could help. Someone here should be able to help you out with this.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2009, 03:21 AM   #33
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:

Edit: It is the Webster 1913 version 2 and it locks up seaching to find a word such as taciturn. It is in the book memory.
I pretty much gave up using the search function that way on my 700. It doesn't exactly lock up, but it takes so loonnnnnnnnng to search a large book that it amounts to the same thing.

I bought the Pocket OED in mobipocket and converted it to epub, and it wasn't any better. (Lousy dictionary, anyway, as it turns out.)
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:44 PM   #34
Palladin
Connoisseur

Thanks, sounds like we need to continue to hope for a firmware upgrade.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:16 PM   #35
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:

I'm sorry. I misunderstood you. From what page are you beginning the search?
I always use the TOC to narrow down the word I'm looking for. For taciturn I go to the chapter for the letter T, then narrow it down to the piece of the word I believe it is closest to, which would be TAC. When I do a search for the word from that subsection, it brings it right up. I tried to do a search from the page that breaks down the word into pieces (where S ends and T begins) and it locked up on me. I guess narrowing it down the best you can, is the best it will do. This is why I look so forward to an integrated dictionary!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2009, 11:58 AM   #36
Palladin
Connoisseur

Thanks rebarnmom

Tags
dictionary, epub, sony 700