Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-15-2004, 05:49 AM   #1
Team7
Zealot
Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Toshiba e755,Samsung i730
Diablo Series

I am a big fan of the Diablo series. I love the idea of the story line. Well I bought two of the Books from fictionwise, so this is kinda a double review.

DemonsBane by Robert B. Marks
this was the first book that this guy has written. You can read what the story is about by means of the link. I at first really didnt think the story sounded that good, but let me tell you it really suprised me. That could be why I liked it so much, because I didnt have high expectations. For this guys first book he did a great job. I really look forward to finding more books by him in the future.
http://www.fictionwise.com/servlet/m.../eBook4893.htm

Legacy of Blood by Richard A. Knaak

This book on the other hand... I had really high expectations for this book because the author has written some great books. In the Dragonlance series he wrote one of the greatest books in a series of over a 100 books. I have read several of his books and they were realy good. This book on the other hand was average at best. The story just draged on and many of the main characters had no real significance when the book was over. I really didnt like it and was suprised it got decent reviews on fictionwise. http://www.fictionwise.com/servlet/m.../eBook5101.htm
Team7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 06:34 PM   #2
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I bought and read Demonsbane as well, and thought it was better than I expected it to be. The setting seems very Warhammer'ish to me, which IMHO isn't a bad thing (love the fantasy and sf settings for WH). My only gripe was that it was far too short, especially for the price Fictionwise charge for it.

I haven't read Legacy of Blood, and won't any time soon. I have far too much already waiting to be read!

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert