Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-22-2008, 09:32 AM   #1
badspell68
Scifi is a Digital World
badspell68 doesn't litterbadspell68 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Is my screen smaller

Sent my prs-500 into Sony for warranty repair and there swapped it for a prs-505. Can't tell but the 505's screen looks smaller. Is this the case?
badspell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:40 AM   #2
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by badspell68 View Post
Sent my prs-500 into Sony for warranty repair and there swapped it for a prs-505. Can't tell but the 505's screen looks smaller. Is this the case?
I measured my PRS-505 screen and the screen of my old 500, and they are both exactly the same by my measurements.

Lucky you, getting the 505 for "free", as it were. We have 3 of the readers in my family, and we had to replace everybody's 500 with the 505s. That was tough! Hopefully, you'll like the new button placement and the page search as much as we all do!
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2008, 09:45 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Well done!

The 505 is like a lot of other electronics as they progress... less outside casing. The screen size is exactly the same size is the 500. But the contrast and speed are a lot better. And for pictures, the 8 shades are nicer.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:53 AM   #4
badspell68
Scifi is a Digital World
badspell68 doesn't litterbadspell68 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
FYI

I had battery problems, sent it in for repair. I called and spoke to the rep handling the processing of my repair and I was told they don’t repair the 500s any longer...they replace them with a 505 and send back your AC charger too.

Last edited by badspell68; 05-22-2008 at 04:52 PM.
badspell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:48 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Kudos to Sony

Quote:
FYI

I had battery problems, sent it in for repair. I called and spoke to the rep handling the processing of my repair and I was told they don’t repair the 500s any longer...they replace them with a 505 and they send back you AC charger too.
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert