Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-30-2012, 06:52 AM   #1
MBruzzi
MBruzzi began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Typing on Onyx Boox M92

Hi, I'm from Italy, so sorry for my english. I'm gonna ask a question that I think many persons would share: will ever be possible to connect a keyboard to a device like the m92 (large, good e-ink display)? I've seen many videos of people hacking e-readers in order to make typing possible, and to me it seems quite absurd that no company has developed a system to respond to this purpose for the average user, not at ease whith hacking. Writing on an Lcd screen is just as eye-straining and fatiguing as reading on them, and I think there would be a big enough market. I still haven't resolved to buy M92 just for this reason, because maybe something new to type with is coming and I just have to wait some month. Do you think this is plausible?
MBruzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:57 AM   #2
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Hardware-wise it should be possible to connect any USB device to M92. It has the circuitry needed for this task.

It would be nice to be able to connect USB or BT keyboard to M92. I hope it will be possible one day...

You have also another possibility. It seems it is possible to attach M92 as aditional screen to normal computer. So, you could use keyboard and SW from computer and M92 as display.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2012, 10:16 AM   #3
MBruzzi

Thank you, Mono, that would be great for me. I don't need portability, my main need is indeed a good e-ink display to read what I'm writing. Has someone already tried to connect m92 to a pc to that purpose?
Old 12-31-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBruzzi View Post
Thank you, Mono, that would be great for me. I don't need portability, my main need is indeed a good e-ink display to read what I'm writing. Has someone already tried to connect m92 to a pc to that purpose?
Search this forum for "vnc client". To my liking, m92's screen is just too slow for the purpose you mention.
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #5
MBruzzi

Thanks, Janek, you are right, even if I think it could be really useful for me even just for reading what I just typed. I think I'm gonna wait some time before buying, trying to understand if something is evolving in this direction...
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
papata
papata began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000
http://pixelqi.com/our_screens
http://www.makershed.com/Pixel_Qi_display_p/mkpq01.htm
http://www.display-solution.com/en/p...s/pixelQI.html

One Problem with display-solution (Ger) is that they are only dealing with distributors and not consumers.

So I guess makershed remains the place to get these screens but without the availability of integration with Open Frame USB Module offered by display-solution.

Still Pixel Qi is already available for your purposes.

Last edited by papata; 01-22-2013 at 06:12 PM.
papata is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keyboard, m92, onyx boox