RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 271, in run
OperationalError: database is locked

Any help here?
laxarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Sounds like something has the database in use. Give the computer a reboot and try again.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
laxarus
laxarus began at the beginning.

Device: PC
that might actually be the problem since my pc is on like 1 month without restart
Old 04-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Did the reboot solve the problem?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Lack of use won't lock the DB.

Having an orphaned Calibre session, might do it.

Backup software, backing up the DB might temporarily lock the file.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2012, 04:56 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Dropbox or an over-ambitious anti-virus tool also might do it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #7
laxarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Did the reboot solve the problem?
Actually it did not.

Time to time i get the same error when closing the calibre. And the next start of calibre after getting this error seems to be way longer.

I dont know how it might be related to the problem but i want to give this info.I got nearly 3k books on my library and the calibre library location is on my external hard drive. I believe these conditions only affect the loading time, not supposed to give me an error.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #8
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Sometimes happens to me when I detach the external drive with my library when is calibre open. Even if I reattach the drive before closing or using calibre. It a Windows thing in my case I think.

A flakey cable or power supply or turning off the drive can also cause this.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #9
laxarus

well, this is getting out of control. The load time of calibre slowed down considerably and i get that error more frequently. I m sure there is no problem with the external drive and the power cables. I set the external driver options to prevent it to go to sleep mode but that didnt solve the issue. Tried reinstalling the calibre, still no luck. Also, after shutting down the calibre with this error, it takes a lot of time for calibre to load.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:07 AM   #10
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Perhaps temporarily move your library to internal hard drive to see if the problem persists.
Also try different USB port. Sleep shouldn't matter unless you get the drive pop up window or the Windows device connected tone.
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote