Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-29-2007, 08:43 PM   #1
kepstein
kepstein began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Audible and Macintosh

Will I be able to move Audible files from my iTunes library to my Audible?
Audible does not support the Macintosh for use with the Kindle, so I am questioning how I can authorize my Kindle without Audible Manager (PC only).

Thanks,
Ken
kepstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:20 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I have not tried it, but the User Guide says:

Quote:
Audiobooks from Audible.com Kindle supports the thousands of audiobooks available through Audible.com. You can purchase and download one or more of these books through your Windows-based computer using AudibleManager software supplied by Audible or iTunes on your Macintosh. You can then transfer these books to your Kindle over USB or using an SD memory card, and listen to them on your Kindle.
A PDF version of the User's Guide is on Amazon's Kindle product page, in the Product Details section.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2007, 11:50 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
That makes it sound like iTunes will handle Audible books for you. If it doesn't for some reason, I can tell you from experience that Windows Media Player 11 will manage .AA files for you. Version 9 is available for MacPuters, but I don't know if it supports Audible files directly or not.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:00 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
iTunes will handle Audible files, but for the Kindle to work it needs to be authorized using Audible Manager, which is Windows only (this is from the Audible Kindle User Guide). Once it's authorized you can manage files using a Mac.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:17 AM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm, So I guess your only options are to use parallels (or one of the other approaches) to run windows to authorize it, or borrow a PC from someone for a while ....
Advert
Old 11-30-2007, 02:15 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Hmm, So I guess your only options are to use parallels (or one of the other approaches) to run windows to authorize it, or borrow a PC from someone for a while ....
Yep, sounds like it. It only takes a few minutes to download the software & authorize a device so if you have a friend with a PC I guess that'd be a route to go. I don't know if any of those places you can rent a PC by the hour, or whatever, will allow any software to be installed on their machines or not.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:52 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist

I'm not sure I'd want to authorize anything at an internet café -- strikes me as way too exposed.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:49 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I'm not sure I'd want to authorize anything at an internet café -- strikes me as way too exposed.
I don't know, I've never seen/been to/used one. It was just a thought.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:22 PM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist

Nor have I, that's just my concern.