Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
crashed
Connoisseur
crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch
Can you archive a side-loaded ebooks?

Hi everyone,

Not sure if maybe I'm brain dead, or asking for the impossible, but I was wondering if it is possible to archive a ebook that you are side-loading from a Micro-SD card into your online Nook Library from your Nook Touch.

I have quite a few PDFs, epub books that I have on my Micro-SD card. I haven't yet thought of doing this until now (I'm Nook-less at work atm).

So is this possible? Would be awesome to do so as I do have a laptop and a Android phone on me at all times, and being able to sync everything that way with 1 account would be a great feature if it's not available yet.

Thanks for any info and help,
Crashed
crashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashed View Post
Hi everyone,

Not sure if maybe I'm brain dead, or asking for the impossible, but I was wondering if it is possible to archive a ebook that you are side-loading from a Micro-SD card into your online Nook Library from your Nook Touch.

I have quite a few PDFs, epub books that I have on my Micro-SD card. I haven't yet thought of doing this until now (I'm Nook-less at work atm).

So is this possible? Would be awesome to do so as I do have a laptop and a Android phone on me at all times, and being able to sync everything that way with 1 account would be a great feature if it's not available yet.

Thanks for any info and help,
Crashed
That's not possible. The sideloaded books stay on the device and have no interaction with your account stored in B&N servers, or any other nook devices you may have.

You seem to want a functionality similar to DropBox, and there is nothing like that in the stock software for sideloaded content.

You could root and install DropBox, and use it to sync your books.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert