Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-02-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Happy (somewhat belated) holidays!

"The orphanage was never quite the same after the angel visited that Christmas...."

I wanted to post this a week ago... but it wasn't done yet... like so many other things in my life. It's been extremely hectic for the past three months or so. I just wanted to stop by and say I miss you all, and I hope everyone is doing well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	orphanage3.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	298.0 KB
ID:	42373  
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:02 PM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Sweet! In so many meanings of the word...

pholy
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:14 AM   #3
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks. You've been missed, my lovely and generous Neko. It is nice to see your sweet, whiskered, little, porcelain face again.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:27 AM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Ha! Thought you could escape, didn't ya? They always come back.

Thanks for taking time out of your real life to say "hi". I hope you get a few peaceful quiet moments here and there. Take care of yourself and don't overdo it!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:48 AM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Happy New Year, Neko! Glad you had some time to pop in and say Hi. I hope your new year is one that will be remembered as fantastic.

The angel in the orphanage is wonderful. Is it one of your creations?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:03 AM   #6
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The whole image was created in Daz Studio, a 3D rendering program. The angel is based on Aiko 4, a commercial model for sale, but I tweaked quite a few things with her for this image. The outfit was created by "Littlefox," but I created new textures for it. The kids are Matt and Maddie by Daz3D, but I added customized features for ethnicity (generally using commercial morph packages, but hand-tweaked). I created new textures for the kids' clothes.

(New textures are generally created in a paint program. The term refers to color and pattern as well as what we usually think of as texture.)

All those new textures occupied a lot of my time while I wasn't here-- sorry about that! But I had promised to finish them and make them available to others who wanted to make fun steampunky images. It's amazing how boring some people's ideas are for clothes. Miniskirt, minidress, lingerie, miniskirt, weird boots... I wanted to add some interest to the available choices.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
<snip>
All those new textures occupied a lot of my time while I wasn't here-- sorry about that! But I had promised to finish them and make them available to others who wanted to make fun steampunky images. It's amazing how boring some people's ideas are for clothes. Miniskirt, minidress, lingerie, miniskirt, weird boots... I wanted to add some interest to the available choices.
It is beautiful Neko! I had never really thought about the background to creating some of the features we use. Thank you for explaining and making me aware that someone spends a lot of time and thought to make them.

I agree about the boring standard "mini skirt, weird boots, lingerie". They all look alike to me. I saw a creation that was wearing skinny blank pants and a tucked in flowing white shirt (almost a pirate type shirt with bigger sleeves). Hard to describe but it was a nice change and still seemed to fulfill the wants of the players as the pants were tight and the shirt was open.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:39 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
in france, we wish our friends good things for the new year, and traditionally these new year wishes can be sent until the end of january. so if you ask me you're not even late.

best wishes to you too, i hope 2010 will be good to you and your family ! thanks for the wonderful image. it's good to see you, i hope we'll see more of you in 2010.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:58 PM   #9
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Ha! Thought you could escape, didn't ya? They always come back.
Who, me? I wasn't escaping! I was... hiding in a corner of the llounge! Yeah, that's it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I saw a creation that was wearing skinny blank pants and a tucked in flowing white shirt (almost a pirate type shirt with bigger sleeves). Hard to describe but it was a nice change and still seemed to fulfill the wants of the players as the pants were tight and the shirt was open.
Where was this? Are you talking about 3D CGI content? (If so, sounds like a set I might get some use out of....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
in france, we wish our friends good things for the new year, and traditionally these new year wishes can be sent until the end of january. so if you ask me you're not even late.
Well then! Dispensation from the Queen! I'm all set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
best wishes to you too, i hope 2010 will be good to you and your family ! thanks for the wonderful image. it's good to see you, i hope we'll see more of you in 2010.
I think I should make that a New Year's Resolution, don't you?

See, the problem is, I got overwhelmed trying to keep up with the "What are you doing RIGHT NOW" and "Vent and Rant" threads. I just can't keep apace with the flurry of posts in there! So I think I won't even try. I'll just try to keep in touch with all of you in other selected llounge threads.

Meanwhile, here's another image... I finished this one much earlier, for an "angel image" contest. I was trying to do an image more like the one I posted at the beginning of this thread, but ran into a lot of trouble getting the kids to look at all reasonable, so I simplified to this concept. I think I had the Nutcracker ballet on my mind at the time.

"On the eve of the big holiday party, a lesser-known angel arrives to help with that embarrassing plumbing problem...."
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	steampunk_angel.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	391.7 KB
ID:	42462  
Old 01-03-2010, 09:11 PM   #10
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

One more.... A Girl and her Dragon

"Come on, don't be such a baby. If you don't let me look at it, I can't fix it!"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	dragon2.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	388.3 KB
ID:	42463  
Old 01-03-2010, 09:22 PM   #11
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
One more.... A Girl and her Dragon

"Come on, don't be such a baby. If you don't let me look at it, I can't fix it!"
Can dragons talk?
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:28 PM   #12
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Can dragons talk?
This one can... though it might be sort of like R2D2-- it understands English, but you have to know how to interpret the noises it makes.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:37 PM   #13
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Well, Neko, I checked to find out about the image. They have broke up and are not speaking, so no exact info on the image. She is a singer (wants to do this most of all, but not earning a lot of money), artist (makes lots of money through private work- only when she wants), and game graphic developer.

I saw them designing once and it was way too much to follow. Too many programs in use for tiny, tiny, changes or additions to an image. I couldn't even follow all the windows that were opened and closed as they talked along with the key strokes. <can I admit that I couldn't even see some of the changes that they were so excited about?>
Old 01-03-2010, 10:54 PM   #14
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Ok, thanks for asking....