Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 02:35 AM   #241
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
A good low-power LED has power consumption of 2mA [miliAmper] at 1.9V. The battery can provide 2mA at 3.7V for 500 hours. So ... the battery could power the LED for 35 days of continuous light (using step-down converter with 90% effectiveness)
Indeed, but my main concern isn't that it draws power but that its an annoyance, one we should have the ability to turn off.

You've mentioned kindle and sony owners but are any of them actually negatively impacted by not having this LED ?
If you're planning on loading some books would you really load less books into your device simply because it might take some power initially to index them ?
Does the fact that it might take more power really prevent you from changing the font size to try and find a comfortable fit ?

The point being that while the LED might be informative, 99% of the time, it only reminds you of what you can see with your own eyes.

As I mentioned this seem more like a debug mode, helpful to the developers who can do something about an unexpected or unnecessary power drain.

You love this feature ? can't live without it ? I'm only asking for the ability to turn it off.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:07 AM   #242
Belgarath
Belgarath will become famous soon enoughBelgarath will become famous soon enoughBelgarath will become famous soon enoughBelgarath will become famous soon enoughBelgarath will become famous soon enoughBelgarath will become famous soon enoughBelgarath will become famous soon enough

Device: none
I second J.C.'s request. Furthermore I'd like to see the possibility to still show the last page after turning off the reader. Since both would have to be set by the user, he's well aware of the "consequences", like not knowing, when the processor works (other than for debugging purpose I personally have no interest in that little piece of information) or having to guesswork (aka trying) if the device hung up, has no battery or is just in auto-off when it doesn't answer to a page-turning button ...

Regards,
Klaus
Belgarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 04:15 AM   #243
fsvum
Enthusiast
fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
i don't own pocketbook yet , planing to , i'd like it to read .cbz.
fsvum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:55 PM   #244
Jean Rouanet
Jean Rouanet began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket 602
CBR, CBZ format readables

Hello,

I'm fan of comic books and Pocket Book 902, is great to read them. To read them I coverted CBR, CBZ in PDF with Calibre, or I read as a collection of JPEGs ( but in that case you can only zoom at 200%). My request : to have the CBR, CBZ readables directly without making a conversion.

krgds
Jean
Jean Rouanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:10 PM   #245
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Rouanet View Post
Hello,

I'm fan of comic books and Pocket Book 902, is great to read them. To read them I coverted CBR, CBZ in PDF with Calibre, or I read as a collection of JPEGs ( but in that case you can only zoom at 200%). My request : to have the CBR, CBZ readables directly without making a conversion.

krgds
Jean
I think now they are - just check out this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=162852
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #246
mazur_7
mazur_7 began at the beginning.

Device: PB 902
font change in PDFs and font darkening for PDFs/other formats

There should be an option to darken fonts in PDF files (and other formats.
Moreover font change option shall be available for PDFs.
mazur_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:11 AM   #247
glenn_ryan
glenn_ryan began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook PRO 902
Keypad Lock - key combinations

It would be great to have/fix:
1. If keypad is set to be locked via double power-button click, it should be unlocked the same way, exclusively (now, it can be unlocked by single power-button click)
2. If keys are locked, the device should not be able to turn-off via long power-button press (now it will turn off).
3. Ability to assign keypad lock/unlock to any key (sequence) on the device, not only power button.

The problem with the power button is the following: when I insert my 902 reader into the carrying pouch it has the power button either at the open or at the closed end of the pouch. In either way, it can be pressed accidentally/under its own weight. So when I lock the keys with double click and accidentally press once or hold the power button, it will unlock or turn off accordingly. Annoying stuff.

At least first two points mentioned above should be resolved to address this problem. The third is optional but very welcome.
glenn_ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:21 AM   #248
ThePianoGuy
ThePianoGuy began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 903 PRO
Bluetooth browse

I like the pocketbook bluetooth file transfer feature, but it's implemented only for a PC->PB direction. If you want to browse your device files, you need use the USB cable. I miss the OBEX based bluetooth file browser support. Most mobile phones support it.
ThePianoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #249
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePianoGuy View Post
...If you want to browse your device files, you need use the USB cable.
If you can connect to WiFi, then you can use my port of sshd to browse your device. See this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=159636 for more info. @abijah describes how to set up the filezilla ftp client to make it easy to use under Windows.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #250
Backi
Connoisseur
Backi has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: PB912 Matt White
Folders as favorites, Folder sorting

1. Besides files I would like to mark folders as favorites. For example, I have a folder represening a book with the book title as folder name. Within the folder I store different editions of this book (3rd Edition.pdf, 4th Edition.pdf, ...). It makes no sense to mark each PDF as favorite.
  2. In connection with the 1. feature request, where folders represent books, it would be helpful to switch off placing folders before files. Instead it should be possible to sort folders and files equally, like on Mac OS, i.e.:

A.pdf
    AA.pdf
    B (Folder)
    BA.pdf
    C (Folder)
    CA.pdf
    D.epub

Last edited by Backi; 02-07-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Backi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #251
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
1. Mark Folders as read.
Recently I've used 'clean slate' and now all my read books aren't marked as read any more.
It would be much simpler for everyone all around (even if the read books aren't in a separate folder before hand) to mark all the books in a single folder as read.
Even assuming you like to keep all your books in a single folder it'll be easier to move the read books to a single folder, at least this way you only need to move them individually once (back to your preferred location).

2. Multiple file select. figure out a key combination that will allow us to select more than one file/folder for file operations (move / delete / mark as read).
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:43 AM   #252
Cruzverde
Cruzverde began at the beginning.

Device: PB 912
Better PDF support in shelf

It would be great if PDF files were treated the same way as EPUB files in the explorer / shelf application.
I'd like to see them sorted automatically by author and genre the same way epub files are. For now, they only show up as 'uncategorized' books when I use those sorting options in the shelf. Only the epub are sorted using the tags I put for them in Calibre before transferring them on the PB. I guess it should be possible for the PB's internal db file to be altered with the relevant keys ? Or is it a problem with the very structure of PDF files ?
And what would be even nicer is that their cover showed up too ! But maybe this is asking for too much. And it's only eye-candy. But the sorting thing by authors and genres/tags/labels (whatever you call them) would be really great and helpful.
Cruzverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #253
MathieuP
MathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 903 Pro
I would appreciate an option to password-protect documents. I use mu PB for business purposes and it would be useful to protect sensitive documents in case I loose the device.
MathieuP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #254
adamfl
adamfl began at the beginning.

Device: PB 912
I'm a new user, but here's a couple of features that would be extremely useful to me
1) this has been noted above somewhere, but the ability to remember login/passwords in the web browser like many web browsers (or perhaps support for a browser like Firefox mobile-Fennec).
2) the ability to recognize footnotes in .rtf, .doc and .docx formats. Currently, it doesn't even put in a number to let you know a footnote exists. I'm looking to use the Pocketbook for academic work and grading, and this would really make a big difference...currently I have to convert anything I receive into a pdf, which often isn't as user friendly to read (text size, layout, etc.)

Thanks!
adamfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:40 AM   #255
pajus
pajus began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 622 Touch
Too much inverts

when you create bookmarks (just put black arrow or square in the corner without information about how to add bookmarks and without invert)

lock reader (return back to the previous option or put down a symbol of key and let the content displayed or let the reader decide the option in settings if the content is visible or not)

i prefer lock by touching some reserved place with symbol otherwise pressing on/off button, which is unable to press with one hand reading
maybe this reserved place could by active also for unlocking

startup reader (screen inverts twice without reason - if i have set booting with showing reading book I can start read immediately abter pushing on/off button and system can load on background without inverts)

conclusion - too much gratuitous inverts for only reader bother and reduce batter life

thanks for solving PB622 is great reader
pajus is offline   Reply With Quote