Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-01-2013, 05:11 AM   #16
1katie23
Enthusiast
1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Nook Color running CM7, Galaxy Note II
I have Moon+reader installed on one of my tablets and would like to install it on my others, but for some reason I can't find it in the Play store anymore. The only version I see is in the Amazon App store, but it is the paid version. Anyone know what is going on?

Also for the syncing to DB, do I have to copy my books to DB, or does it just sync your reading position to DB. Sorry if this question has been asked, but it is not clear to me.

Thanks for help in advance.
1katie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:31 AM   #17
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1katie23 View Post
I have Moon+reader installed on one of my tablets and would like to install it on my others, but for some reason I can't find it in the Play store anymore. The only version I see is in the Amazon App store, but it is the paid version. Anyone know what is going on?

Also for the syncing to DB, do I have to copy my books to DB, or does it just sync your reading position to DB. Sorry if this question has been asked, but it is not clear to me.

Thanks for help in advance.
Check on play.google.com make sure it doesn't say it's incompatible with your device, could be why it's not showing

I have only just started using moon+ (paid version) and the dropbox syncing is a bit confusing

syncing reading position works great if the book exists in the library of all your devices
reading a new book (gets uploaded to DB no problem) but the other devices don't automatically download it, this I assumed would be automatic

lots of options so still checking to see if I have missed something
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #18
1katie23
Enthusiast
1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have it installed on my galaxy note 10.1 and even on this device, it will not show up under "All apps" in Google Play. Works fine on note though. I tried searching on my pc and I can not find Moon+reader in the Play store at all.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:25 AM   #19
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I have it installed on my galaxy note 10.1 and even on this device, it will not show up under "All apps" in Google Play. Works fine on note though. I tried searching on my pc and I can not find Moon+reader in the Play store at all.
You're correct Moon+ Reader is currently missing from Google Play. I hope it is temporary.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #20
Robo983
Robo983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robo983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robo983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robo983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robo983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robo983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robo983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robo983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robo983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robo983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robo983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ThouchPad on Android ICS
I think you will need separate dropbox accounts to sync different reading positons for each person if you are reading the same book. MR stores the high lights, bookmarks and notes in files based on book name. You could easily keep a copy of the same books on two different drop box accounts or if you never read the same books then you could use one dropbox account but MR can't differentiate between readers only between Dropbox accounts.
Robo983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #21
1katie23
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
You're correct Moon+ Reader is currently missing from Google Play. I hope it is temporary.
Me too. I emailed the developer, but have heard nothing.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:25 PM   #22
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Me too. I emailed the developer, but have heard nothing.
I currently have v1.8.11 installed. Since I purchased it through Google Play if Google has removed it then there won't be any simple updates, backups or reinstalls. This isn't the only app that this has happened to. I had another app that I had to purchase from Amazon because Google killed it. I went online and grabbed a copy of the APK in case I need to reinstall it in the future.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:14 PM   #23
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
http://www.moondownload.com/
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:06 AM   #24
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

From the Moon+ Reader site:

Quote:

NOTE: A nasty thing happened, Moon+ Reader and Moon+ Reader Pro have been removed from Google Play because a request email from a Russia company "litres.ru" to Google Play team, Google didn't make any investigation and confirmation, they just removed my reader from the Play directly.

The only reason from litres.ru is, after several steps, a user can download books from my reader, they own the copyright of some books. (the orginal text in Russian: Электронные книги популярных авторов. Например, книги Дарьи Донцовой. Также доступно приложение, в котором по умолчанию встроены пиратские сайты. Бесплатные книги доступны в два клика. )

My opinions:

1. the reader can access OPDS web sites just like that a web browser can access html web sites with standard protocol, if they think any book site has problem, they should contact the web server provider to stop the services, a web browser can't know if a web site is illegal.

2. if they think there is a url link in my reader that a user can access a book site which they think it has problem, they can contact me to remove the link, like remove dynamic links from a web browser, all the additional opds URLs in the reader are provided by our warm-heart users, the reader hasn't any book site servies by itself, it only works like a web browser.

-

The litres has its own reader app in Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...litres.android, it's an unfair play.

I still get no reply from Google, the last message I got from litres is "I will use my personal contacts in Google to speed up the recovery process, but now the speed of recovery process depends only on Google (unfortunately it's Friday now).", another very bad message is a comment from another user "Google will return your program to the market in about a month after recieving their letter. That's the procedure."

-

I'm a weak personal developer, I devote myself to this project for years; I and my family live on the revenue from the reader only, here I thank so many warm-heart users, you help me to improve the product, it gets 5,000,000-10,000,000 downloads in Google Play today, and has up to 40 locale languages support, I'm proud for you.

It'll be appreciated if anyone could help me, for anything related to this matter, accuse this type of thing, or contact google for someone who may be helpful to speed up the recovery of my application.

Regards
Seany
Old 02-02-2013, 02:53 AM   #25
1katie23
Enthusiast

Got a response from the developer that said pretty much what DoctorOhh's post said regarding the quote from Moon's site. It's interesting that the dev didn't mention that the app was still available via Amazon app store.

From the Moon+Reader site, scroll down to "Download New Version". That's interesting too.

Here is google's translate of the Russian text in the Moon post.
Electronic books of popular authors. For example, books Darya Series. Also available for the application, which is built in pirate sites. Free books are available in two clicks. )

For those that linked DB to Moon, Moon has "full access" to your DB account. Just sayin.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #26
renehasekamp
renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I use an Eee pad Transformer TF101 and a Nexus 7.
Moon+ is back in the Play store today. Half price for Pro to celebrate this, during February 2013.

But 1katie23 brings up an interesting point: The app -like other apps that have Dropbox access!- has full Dropbox access. That is, the app can read and write in ANY folder of Dropbox. Of course it needs to write and read in its own folder, when it syncs. But why in ANY other folder? It looks to me like a dropbox policy, for the moment, because other apps that use dropbox have the same permissions.
What would be the point anyway for an app to read or write in any other folder than its own? The developer has no access to your Dropbox access data, as far as I understand things. These data are stored somewhere on you device, but no PERSON has (legally) access to these data?
renehasekamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #27
Dortamur
Dortamur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dortamur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dortamur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dortamur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dortamur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dortamur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dortamur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dortamur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dortamur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dortamur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dortamur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab 7.7
The Dropbox API does actually have an "App Folder" access level which does just that - it grants access to a single folder within dropbox just for that app, instead of full access to your whole dropbox. It's had the feature for a while, and I'm amazed that more apps don't use it.

I can understand a file manager or content sync app needing full access, but it's just what something like Moon+ should use!

I have E-mailed the creator of Moon+ and requested that he add support for "App Folder" dropbox access, instead of "Full". Here's hoping he is willing to implement it!
Dortamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #28
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortamur View Post

I have E-mailed the creator of Moon+ and requested that he add support for "App Folder" dropbox access, instead of "Full". Here's hoping he is willing to implement it!
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #29
1katie23
Enthusiast

I second that thumbs up.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #30
Derrin
Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Nexus 7, TF101
Hi All, while you're waiting for an answer from the creator of Moon+ i use the following method to get books into my Nexus 7 ereader app.

I use dropbox on my PC to synch the Calibre library folder on my NAS to my dropbox account then use DropSync on my tablet to sync with the books folder on the device. This way i've got an up to date copy of my Calibre library on my device at all times and can import books to the reader at will without the need to grant the reader app any un-necessary permissions to drop box.

I'm still looking for an android app that will simply read the library direct from my nexus without me needing to manually import titles though

EDIT: I found reference to FBReader elsewhere on the forum, it does the job admirably

Last edited by Derrin; 02-26-2013 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Additional info
Derrin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
moon reader, moon+ reader, sync