Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-02-2011, 06:09 AM   #1
spkmn
spkmn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Feature Request: highlight rows affected by news downloads or jobs

(All -- I'm new here... I wasn't sure if suggestions for features should be entered here and let people respond for a bit or if a 'feature request' should be entered into the tracker. I assumed it should be entered here first, and if no one else responds, that would mean that no one else wants such a feature.)

When leaving Calibre running for an extended period of time while not being at the keyboard (say overnight to get news downloaded before I wake up, or at work where I may be in meetings), if news downloads, it would be nice to have the new rows in the table to be highlighted (perhaps colored with a different background color). (Yes, I know I could just sort by date, but please read further.)

It could be generalized further into highlights of any rows affected by any job runs (or perhaps just jobs that run during a period of inactivity x minutes (period => user preference). The highlights could last until y minutes (=> user preference) of activity. That would allow the user to check out the rows without loosing all of the highlights after checking out the first affected row.

Thanks...
James
spkmn is offline   Reply With Quote