Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-24-2019, 07:17 PM   #1
Arubagal
Arubagal began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo vox
Overdrive

Does anyone know how to I get my overdrive book that was on hold on to kobo Forma?
Arubagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 07:31 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
If you're in a country that's supported for OD borrowing on Kobo devices (provided the book matches one that Kobo has in their inventory)...
https://help.overdrive.com/customer/...ticles/2535025

Otherwise you can always download the book with ADE and transfer it to the Kobo...
https://help.overdrive.com/customer/...ticles/1481624
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:01 PM   #3
Arubagal

I know how to borrow a book if it is available from my library
I am having a problem when I put a book on hold and it becomes available and I get an email that it was checked out.
I don't know how to get it on "my books" from overdrive
Old 03-24-2019, 09:41 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arubagal View Post
I know how to borrow a book if it is available from my library
I am having a problem when I put a book on hold and it becomes available and I get an email that it was checked out.
I don't know how to get it on "my books" from overdrive
If you connected your Forma to Overdrive, it will automatically be downloaded to your Forma on the next synchronization. If you haven't connected or can't connect your Forma to Overdrive, you will need the ADE/sideload technique.

So some questions would be do you show an OverDrive account under the OverDrive section in Settings? If not, do you live in a country where Kobo/OverDrive integration is available? Does your library use OverDrive (not all even in North America do). Did you follow the procedure in the Forma manual? See Kobo Forma User Guide starting around page 51.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:27 AM   #5
ChrisI
Connoisseur
ChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo H2O, Libre 2
Is the question about the Forma, or about the library?

One of the system settings at the library is to automatically check out the book when your name comes up in the hold list.

Under accounts, go to loans, and you can download the book from there.
ChrisI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:05 AM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisI View Post
Is the question about the Forma, or about the library?
I read it as a mix of both. But the second message from the OP says the book is automatically checked out when it becomes available. For me, that means that on my next synchronization, the book will be download from Kobo to my ereader.

Quote:
One of the system settings at the library is to automatically check out the book when your name comes up in the hold list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arubagal View Post
Quote:
Under accounts, go to loans, and you can download the book from there.
I suspect that what arubagal wants is the direct download from Kobo to her ereader when the book is checked out. This does require a synchronization IF the book is available from Kobo-- the edition in the library and the edition on Kobo's site have to match.

Last edited by DNSB; 03-25-2019 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Fat fingers cause typos...
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 01:50 PM   #7
Arubagal

I figured it out,...thank you for your replys