Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-16-2019, 06:55 PM   #16
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Tsk, you obviously need to pay for lucidity ($400 in US and £440 outside US).
Nah, I am well past transformational festivals in my old age. But, hey, groovy and thanks! I'm typically all down with lucidity...but not in this instance. That code is the least lucid stuff I've seen in dog's years. :-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 12:05 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Maybe the "psychoactives" explains it.

Anyway, it's weird. I agree, burger made from 10 different cuts of meat. What the hell is a "urlexpansion" class? TNR 16pt? I mean...I dunno. That's a mess, and I freely admit if someone asked us to clean that, I'd whack them, money-wise. Not to rip them off; because that's HOURS of cleaning. I mean, serious hours. Hell, it could take you 30 minutes or longer, JUST to clean what we're looking at, once you figure out what the hell the intention is. Granted, then, realistically, you'd get in the groove, but...it's a lot of cleaning.

If the OP knows the source, there might be a better way. That's sorta what I'm thinking.

Hitch
TNR = Time New Roman

One thing that might help a little with that really awful code is to convert it to ePub using Calibre. At least there would be CSS and that could be cleaned up a lot easier. And I also think finding errors would also be a lot easier.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 12:07 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Well sure... but then Jon was just piling on. Like it was a big ol' potato-pile.
Yes, it is a big ol' pile. But not potatos. Something much squishier and stinkier.

Quote:
I'm guessing it (the code) was processed by many different things, actually. It's like ground hamburger. The font tag and the line heights made me think of mobi markup that been partially (and unsuccessfully) cleaned. Some of that stuff was horrific!
I would say it's more like a rotting zombie.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM   #19
libre75
libre75 began at the beginning.

Device: epub
Guys, thanks! Thanks to your help I solved it, I deleted the links, and for the other error I followed the advice of DiapDealer, the validator has not detected any problems!
Thank you!
libre75 is offline   Reply With Quote