Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-21-2019, 08:23 PM   #1501
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The return of the indie bookstore is something I hear about, but haven't seen in practice. I'm sure that it's true if you live in a hipster area along the east or west coast. But where I live in an upscale suburb of Houston there's Barnes and Noble and a couple of used book stores. Not much roaring around here.
When I lived in Houston there was a Sci Fi/Fantasy bookstore that I loved. They are probably gone now since it was 30 years ago. I think it was right off 610 and was well south of me, I lived off FM1960, but it was worth the drive.

I live in a small town with a Books A Million. It seems to be more toy store than book store now.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:32 PM   #1502
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, HDX 8.9, AuraHD, NookHD+, Kindle 2,3,T, Opus, iPhone 6, +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I live in a small town with a Books A Million. It seems to be more toy store than book store now.
That's how the B&N's are around here (some with CD's & Movies, some without) although there are none actually in the town I live in, closest BAM to me is 90 miles away . We do have a couple of popular genre indies somewhat nearby in Once Upon A Crime and Uncle Hugo's/Uncle Edgar's and some good "regular" indies too.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:04 AM   #1503
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook Glowlight 3, Kindle Oasis 2, Onyx T68 Lynx
Yeah, same here in the suburbs of Detroit. B&N is pretty much it for new books. I can only think of one used book store which is oddly enough in the former location of a Borders.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:44 AM   #1504
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Nook ST w/Glowlight, Nook Glowlight Plus, Nook Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Apache
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
That's how the B&N's are around here (some with CD's & Movies, some without)...
I hear about B&N (and I guess BAM) giving more and more retail space to toys and games. It's true of my local Barnes and Noble as well. But even so, the store has more books than the former mall bookstores I shopped at when I was younger.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote