Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-23-2015, 11:56 AM   #1
noproblem
noproblem began at the beginning.

Device: various devices
Need help in converting music book azw3 to pdf

Hello,

I am trying to convert some kindle music books to pdf for computer viewing and printing on 8.5 x 11 inch paper.

These books have images of lines of music notation and guitar tab, which I want to have print as large (wide) as possible. The problem I'm having is that the paragraphs are longer than the images, say about an inch longer, so I end up with an image, for example 5 inches long and the paragraphs of text 6.5 inches wide. When I view the azw3 file in the Calibre viewer, the images and the text line up perfectly, but when I go through pdf conversion, they are not. I've tried about all of the output setting I could find, and thus far have been unsuccessful.

Optimally, I would like to have the text and images be 7 inches wide with 0.75 inch margins. The larger the images the better I can see them when printed for my music stand.

Exploring further I have found reference to using conversion to .rtf word or html, instead of pdf. That works out great and gives me easy editing and control of all the text and images. Thanks to all who previously posted help enabling me to find a solution.

Last edited by noproblem; 04-26-2015 at 05:55 PM. Reason: found solution
noproblem is offline   Reply With Quote