Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #1
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Check Library => Invalid Authors

I ran Check Library because I had books on my NookST that weren't appearing in Calibre. I ended up with a bunch of Extra Titles/Extra Authors that I've just about finished taking care of. However it popped a bunch of Invalid Authors but these files are all metadata opf files. There were some that were listed as conflicted copies, obviously from accidentally having multiple copies of the library open, and I deleted them without worrying but I have no idea what, if anything, I should do with these files.

Invalid authors - metadata.db.tmp - metadata.db.tmp
Invalid authors - metadata.db.tmp-journal - metadata.db.tmp-journal
Invalid authors - metadata.opf - metadata.opf
Invalid authors - metadata2.db - metadata2.db
Invalid authors - metadata_pre_restore.db - metadata_pre_restore.db

Is is normal for Check Library to kick these back as errors or are they files I should get rid of or just ignore them?

Wynde
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookJunkieLI View Post
I ran Check Library because I had books on my NookST that weren't appearing in Calibre. I ended up with a bunch of Extra Titles/Extra Authors that I've just about finished taking care of. However it popped a bunch of Invalid Authors but these files are all metadata opf files. There were some that were listed as conflicted copies, obviously from accidentally having multiple copies of the library open, and I deleted them without worrying but I have no idea what, if anything, I should do with these files.

Invalid authors - metadata.db.tmp - metadata.db.tmp
Invalid authors - metadata.db.tmp-journal - metadata.db.tmp-journal
Invalid authors - metadata.opf - metadata.opf
Invalid authors - metadata2.db - metadata2.db
Invalid authors - metadata_pre_restore.db - metadata_pre_restore.db

Is is normal for Check Library to kick these back as errors or are they files I should get rid of or just ignore them?

Wynde
Guessing from those names, I would say someone aborted/crashed a 'Restore Library' attempt
there are exactly 2 FILES in the main Library folder:
metadata.db, metadata_db_prefs_backup.json

All the rest are folders
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #3
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Thanks! I don't recall ever starting a Restore Database but who knows. I may have done it by accident and that was why it got aborted. Ah well. At least I don't have to worry that I'm deleting anything I need.
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote