Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-05-2021, 01:19 AM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Kobo Sage and Libra 2 released (pre-order)

Thanks to Rid for discovering this and posting it. Now up on the U.S. Kobo site (and probably all over the world).

Rid's thread... https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=342141

Kobo Sage and Libra 2.

https://us.kobobooks.com/collections...ers_Collection

Looks like they'll be available on October 19th, about a week sooner than the new Kindle Paperwhites.

Last edited by rcentros; 10-05-2021 at 01:28 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 05:06 AM   #2
kyôdai
Zealot
kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Some of the changes I noticed so far:

- Carta 1200 Display (faster, better contrast)
- 32 GB storage
- Bluetooth
- Audiobook support
- USB-C
- Increased weight (Libra 2: 215g instead of 192g, Sage: 241g instead of 197g)
- Official Dark Mode for the Libra
- Stylus support for the Sage
kyôdai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2021, 07:46 AM   #3
supermighty
Groupie
supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2
How did they get heavier? I was hopping for thinner.

I was also hoping for a ~7" without the large side hand hold.

Last edited by supermighty; 10-05-2021 at 07:52 AM.
supermighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 07:56 AM   #4
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermighty View Post
How did they get heavier? I was hopping for thinner.
Maybe the bluetooth?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 08:02 AM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Maybe the bluetooth?
No thinner screen part anymore. Now the thickness is uniform.

I'm not interested for this very reason.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2021, 08:03 AM   #6
supermighty
Groupie
supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2
Maybe bluetooth, but more likely a slight bump in the battery to accommodate bluetooth.
supermighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 09:12 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The Sage got heavier because of the Carta 1200 screen being glass and plastic.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 09:24 AM   #8
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The Sage got heavier because of the Carta 1200 screen being glass and plastic.
I wonder why they abandoned the Mobius screen? Too expensive?
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 09:38 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I wonder why they abandoned the Mobius screen? Too expensive?
Not as much contrast and not as fast.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 09:47 AM   #10
E'lir
Seeker of stories.
E'lir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E'lir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E'lir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E'lir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E'lir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E'lir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E'lir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E'lir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E'lir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E'lir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E'lir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Now this I'm interested in. A relatively faster processor, bluetooth, usb-c.

While I wont' be getting either of them at launch, I'll be saving up so that I can get one of them by Christmas next year. Which one will depend on reviews.
E'lir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 10:53 AM   #11
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Now this is what I was hoping for earlier this year. Very much looking forward to people's opinions. The Libra was plagued with an unevenness to its display, so I'm hoping that's resolved with the Libra 2.
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 11:31 AM   #12
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
the portability of the 6" ereader seems to have been abandoned by both Amazon and Kobo in favour of the larger devices/screens. for my own personnel preference the PocketBook Touch Lux 5 appears to be the best option if i want the ComfortLight PRO with expandable storage.

best wishes koboy

Last edited by koboy; 10-05-2021 at 12:01 PM.
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 11:54 AM   #13
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Still waiting for a 9" Kindle.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 12:09 PM   #14
Cedros
Enthusiast
Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara; Kobo H20v2; Kobo Glo HD;
These new Kobo e-readers sound intriguing! I don't have the specs yet, but according to a Goodreads YouTube review I watched this morning, they come with a basic 32 mb ram, which is great, have larger batteries than previous Kobos, and clearer glass/plastic screens. Kobo does seem to be designing slightly larger, slightly weightier models, and I wonder how these will feel in the hand. I will definitely be updating my Kobo wish list, though!
Cedros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 12:34 PM   #15
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Maybe the bluetooth?
Most wifi chips also do bluetooth.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote