Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-10-2021, 08:21 PM   #16
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura HD (R.I.P.) :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
That's interesting, since based on our testing on some of the other devices, that issue (which was a regression introduced in 17820) was fixed. What slider position are you doing the comparison at?
The font is set to 'Publisher default' and i move the slider so it is underneath the 't' of 'Default'. I might a different font now.

The spacing and margin are set to minimum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
The font size values were reworked in this version to include smaller ones.
Cool thanks.
Rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 08:23 PM   #17
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid View Post
The font is set to 'Publisher default' and i move the slider so it is underneath the 't' of 'Default'. I might a different font now.
If you put the slider to the smallest setting, is there still a difference?
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2021, 08:38 PM   #18
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Same with the slider at the smallest setting. I can actually read the epub at this setting
Old 08-10-2021, 08:43 PM   #19
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid View Post
Same with the slider at the smallest setting. I can actually read the epub at this setting
That's actually quite odd, then. I'll have to take a closer look and see why it isn't fixed for the KA1.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 08:44 PM   #20
Rid
Groupie

I am not worried about trying to fix this issue unless there may be something wrong with my setup, only using NickleMenu. I will just roll back the firmware, but I am happy to do some testing if anyone wants me to.
Advert
Old 08-10-2021, 09:22 PM   #21
Rid
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Thanks!

Interesting to see how its only the book that changes.
Old 08-10-2021, 09:34 PM   #22
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Firmware version 4.28.18220 should be going to all devices that are usually updated. This is mainly an update to get the other devices on the same firmware release as the Elipsa. There are not that many changes for the other devices.

My release notes, which is relative to the 4.26.16704 as I don't have an Elispa is:
  • Fix: USB-C misdetection (where M1 chip MacBook's and possibly other devices were not detecting Kobo devices via USB-C). This fix will only work on newer Kobo devices. Issue may continue to persist on Touch devices (and its variants), Glo, Aura HD, Mini, Aura SD, and Aura H2O.
  • Changes to screens when updating device.
  • DPI used in ePubs changed from hardcoded at either 72 or 96 to now use the device DPI.
  • "Invert Screen" in the Developers option no longer works. "Dark Mode" was added for the Elipsa and can be enabled with a config file option.
  • When reading, the battery icon can be tapped to show the battery level and the link to the power settings.
  • For some formats, the menu when reading has "Hints and Tips". It is not there for sideloaded kepubs.
  • The browser will now use the "filename*" attribute if it exists. The calibre server sends this attribute, so it should solve a problem reported here in earlier in the year.

This firmware version is already supported in calibre.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 10:08 PM   #23
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
My Clara just updated. I didn't have any recently read kepubs to test as I had just returned a bunch of library books. However I did check a couple of recently read epubs and the fonts were several sizes larger than I would have been reading at.

Edited to add that I just opened up a new library book and it opened to such a small font size I would just about need a microscope! I had to increase it quite a few increments to reach a usable size.

I have never patched my Clara. It's strictly stock.

Last edited by 4691mls; 08-10-2021 at 10:25 PM.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 01:46 AM   #24
frereroy
Enthusiast
frereroy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
My Kobo Forma shows no signs of wanting to update the firmware. Is the roll out different in different parts of the world. Am in Europe.
TIA
frereroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 01:48 AM   #25
LinuxArie
Connoisseur
LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Clara HD. FBreader on Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro, Nokia 3.1
How about Kobo Touch B and Clara HD
At pgaskin.net the version matrix is green for these ereaders, at the affiliates matrix it says 4.26.16704 and bestbuyca 4.28.18220
What does this mean?
LinuxArie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 02:43 AM   #26
GlenRunciter
Enthusiast
GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
  • When reading, the battery icon can be tapped to show the battery level and the link to the power settings.
I've been waiting for that for a long time
GlenRunciter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 04:54 AM   #27
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by frereroy View Post
My Kobo Forma shows no signs of wanting to update the firmware. Is the roll out different in different parts of the world. Am in Europe.
TIA
Yes, they don't all update at the same time depending on where you bought it.
I'm in the US. I bought mine from Walmart and I have noticed I usually get updates a day or two later than other people in the US who bought their Kobos from different stores.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 05:45 AM   #28
jsessions
Enthusiast
jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo & Clara HD
Same issue as others ~ font size on re-opening epub much larger than normal.

I've not updated my Clara HD yet as I generally patch it but have updated my old Glo. When I first tried this update, the screen totally scrambled when it started reboot / update then crashed and did nothing. After waiting patiently to see if it righted itself I finally powered off, recopied firmware update to Glo and tried again... this time successfully.
jsessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 04:38 PM   #29
Colonel Cathcart
Addict
Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
TIA
I bought my Libra from Wallmart, shipped to Israel. I got the update today as soon as I synced after seeing this thread.

Currently reading some Statistics pdf book, so can't comment on the font issue others have reported.
Colonel Cathcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 09:09 PM   #30
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
TIA
As the others have said, this is normal. Kobo roll out updates based on the affiliate and location. They start with some small affiliates that I believe are based in Canada and then expand over a number of weeks. This lets them do a final check in case it causes problems. At one time it could take a month to roll out an update everywhere. But, they seem to be doing it faster now.

If you want the update faster, you can manually install it, or change your affiliate to one of the ones that get it earlier.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release