Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-12-2022, 12:44 AM   #676
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by nook_nerd View Post
So, when a new version of NM is released [...] Then restart my KA1
Correct, except I think you don't have to actively reboot.
Just eject normally and after importing books, it will reboot by itself.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 01:49 PM   #677
JFeole
Connoisseur
JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo_Aura_H2O, Kobo_Aura_One, Kobo Sage
Ok, thanks. I guess the key thing I wanted to verify is that KFmon doesn't survive a firmware upgrade, and must be reinstalled.
JFeole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2022, 01:52 PM   #678
JFeole
Connoisseur
JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo_Aura_H2O, Kobo_Aura_One, Kobo Sage
(corrected)

I mean't if you update NickelMenu, KFmon needs to be reinstalled..
Does NM survive a Kobo firmware update ok?

Thanks
JFeole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 02:24 PM   #679
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by nook_nerd View Post
(corrected)

Does NM survive a Kobo firmware update ok?

Thanks
NM does survive a Kobo firmware update. Other than using the uninstall file, you pretty much need the real factory reset to remove NM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 12:44 AM   #680
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
NM does survive a Kobo firmware update. Other than using the uninstall file, you pretty much need the real factory reset to remove NM.
I did a factory reset recently, and NM survived but its config files didn't. (!!)
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2022, 01:09 PM   #681
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
I did a factory reset recently, and NM survived but its config files didn't. (!!)
That why I said a "real factory reset". On the ereader, that's the one that is available from the Developer options menu. Alternately, you can do the manual factory reset procedure. The factory reset from the Device information menu wipes the user partition but does not reload the operating system partition. You will notice that the firmware revision does not change when doing the Device info factory reset.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 08:05 PM   #682
xiaojohn
Enthusiast
xiaojohn began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Poke5, Boox MaxLumi and Boox Tab Ultra C
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe3444 View Post
It works great, I added a button on the main NickelMenu to open calibre content server, another one to open send.djazz.se and the power options.

And orientation options in the reader menu, which the Clara doesn't have to begin with.

I have to investigate what else I can add.
I would love to connect my Elipsa wirelessly to Calibre. Can you tell me how you set up the button on NickelMenu?
xiaojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 05:10 PM   #683
johndoe3444
johndoe3444 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaojohn View Post
I would love to connect my Elipsa wirelessly to Calibre. Can you tell me how you set up the button on NickelMenu?
Sure, this is the line I have on my NickelMenu config file.

Code:
menu_item :main :Calibre :nickel_browser :modal:http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8080/mobile
You have to put your computer's local IP address, the one running the Calibre content server, instead of the XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX and switch it on on the computer. The button on the Kobo will open a browser popup with your library and you will be able to download what you have on the computer from there.

If you have DHCP enabled you should assign a static IP to the computer, otherwise the config file IP will be useless once it changes.
johndoe3444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 05:53 PM   #684
xiaojohn
Enthusiast

Thanks - that works well. One thing though: I have two Calibre libraries, and I see that using the /mobile web address, it always defaults to one of these libraries and does not allow me to specify the other. I realise this is not a NM issue, as it also happens on my laptop's browser when I use the /mobile address. But I thought it worth asking if you (or anyone) has found a way around this.
Old 01-18-2022, 06:18 PM   #685
xiaojohn
Enthusiast

Ah, solved this - there's an option to change libraries at the foot of the /mobile page.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:47 AM   #686
johndoe3444
johndoe3444 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaojohn View Post
Ah, solved this - there's an option to change libraries at the foot of the /mobile page.
Since each library has a different address, you can add " ?library_id=LIBRARYNAME just after http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8080/mobile on the NickelMenu config file so you can have a different button for each library, like
Code:
menu_item :main :Library1 :nickel_browser :modal:http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8080/mobile?library_id=LIBRARY1

menu_item :main :Library2 :nickel_browser :modal:http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8080/mobile?library_id=LIBRARY2
johndoe3444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 11:25 PM   #687
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
NickelMenu v0.5.3

This release fixes the selection_search location on 4.31.19086+.

See the release on GitHub for more details.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 01:59 AM   #688
xiaojohn
Enthusiast

Thanks - beautiful!
Old 01-21-2022, 03:12 AM   #689
jsessions
Enthusiast
jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo & Clara HD
Does this new version of NIckelMenu also incorporate Post #555 (Dark Mode?) https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=555
jsessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 05:45 AM   #690
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsessions View Post
Does this new version of NIckelMenu also incorporate Post #555 (Dark Mode?) https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=555

I have yet to update also because i want to know if the new one will have dark mode like that of post 555.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, launcher, ldpreload, nickel