Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-22-2021, 04:57 PM   #3361
mkozlows
Enthusiast
mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage/KOReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
I
Code:
elseif codename == "cadmus" then
    return KoboEuropa
It probably won't work, but who knows, it just might.
It starts up and seems to function at a quick glance... except that the display seems to be upside down, and the touch sensor seems to be upside down relative to the display. (Or maybe the touch sensor is right-side up relative to the device, and it's just the display that's upside-down?)

I'm looking at the code in that file, and I see a lot of things that could be relevant (`canHWInvert`, `boot_rota`, some stuff under `isSunxi`), but I'm not sure which of them are likely to be the sensible places to touch. I might just play around if I have some spare time this weekend, but if there's any relevant docs explaining this stuff, I'd be happy to get a pointer.
mkozlows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 11:04 PM   #3362
mkozlows
Enthusiast
mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage/KOReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkozlows View Post
I'm looking at the code in that file, and I see a lot of things that could be relevant (`canHWInvert`, `boot_rota`, some stuff under `isSunxi`), but I'm not sure which of them are likely to be the sensible places to touch. I might just play around if I have some spare time this weekend, but if there's any relevant docs explaining this stuff, I'd be happy to get a pointer.
`boot_rota = C.FB_ROTATE_CW` seems to have done the trick. After that and enabling keys (which I guess the Elipsa doesn't have), a tweaked Elipsa config seems to work okay. Haven't tested exhaustively, but I put up a PR.
mkozlows is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2021, 11:59 PM   #3363
frailtyy
frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@frailtyy: The Clara/Forma/Libra lineup is subject to potentially weird and random (-ish) kernel crashes (that the Libra 2 may inherit: surprise! ).

It's the first time I've heard of it happening during sleep, though. A verbose debug log might help (but it probably won't). I've been unable to pull out anything usefull (or, well, at all) out of my Forma when it crashes (I fear it'd require live serial access at the time).
Surfed over my logs for a bit but not seeing anything stand out. I'm gonna have to recreate and then try hoping something shows up but as you said, it's unlikely.
frailtyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 10:03 AM   #3364
jasius
Connoisseur
jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by frailtyy View Post
I have a Kobo Libra H2O that I've been running KOReader on after liking it on an older Kindle Paperwhite but I seem to have some trouble waking it occasionally, requiring a long hold on the power button to shut it off. Has anyone bumped into this and found a potential fix? If not, I'll probably just head over to the GitHub and post a formal issue but I don't get a crash, just an unresponsive sleep.
I have a ClaraHD and I'm getting this too, I regularly update it too, it seems to have started happening in early September.

The period of time I leave my Kobo alone seems to impact the crashing. I've left it alone for about 3 weeks that seems like the time it'll crash, but a week or so it'll still work.

When it crashes I'll have to hold down the power button and then it'll load Nickel again, it'll load KO Reeader again with no issue though.
jasius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 10:12 AM   #3365
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
How well is KOReader working on the new Kobo Sage?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2021, 10:49 AM   #3366
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
My understanding is very well.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/8361 (basic support)
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/8366 (warmth support)
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 11:22 AM   #3367
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yep, and it's noticeably more reactive than the Elipsa, at least until the Elipsa gets the same slightly updated kernel (assuming it ever does).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-27-2021 at 11:25 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 02:24 AM   #3368
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Does that mean the Elipsa is slow (compared to an original Libra H2O or something)?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 09:37 AM   #3369
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's not, but the driver is... less than ideal, and has some very finicky/buggy overlap detection/merging behavior (among... other things :x). Something that appears to have been somewhat optimized/fixed on the Sage's kernel.

Meaning it's *extremely* pessimistic when merging updates, meaning you often get larger and slower refresh rectangles for no good reason, which is very much unlike the NXP driver, at which you can throw an incredible amount of rectangles per second without it batting an eye (... when it doesn't deadlock ).
Old 10-28-2021, 04:44 PM   #3370
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
My understanding is very well.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/8361 (basic support)
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/8366 (warmth support)
Thank you. I'm thinking of getting a Sage. I wanted to know I can still use KOReader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 02:36 PM   #3371
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
The internal "buy it!/Don't!" battle rages on in what passes for my mind, but while waiting for one neuron or the other to emerge victorious, will there be a one-click KOReader install for the Sage? If not, and if I do give in and buy one, how do I install KOReader, having only ever used the 1-click on my Libra H20.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 05:46 PM   #3372
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Uncle Robin: When the next KOReader stable is tagged (currently planned for November 12th, but don't hold us to that ;p), it'll hit the OCP.

The new devices dropped at a slightly awkward moment, and that meant that I wasn't completely happy with simply shipping a nightly in the OCP, like I did for the Elipsa (i.e., I'm still fixing weird Sage bugs ;p).

In the meantime, a manual install from a nightly works just fine, but you're probably better off waiting a few days if you're not comfortable with that .

(Or if you're desperate, PM me/ping me on discord and I'll send you a nightly OCP ).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-31-2021 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-31-2021, 05:51 PM   #3373
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Uncle Robin: When the next KOReader stable is tagged (currently planned for November 12th, but don't hold us to that ;p), it'll hit the OCP.
Not that I am desperately seeking a portent or sign that proves I should buy a Sage of course, but the fact that November 12th is probably a few days BEFORE any such putative purchase reached me might be an unlooked-for omen.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 09:48 PM   #3374
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
I installed the last nightly build on my Sage. Tried out of curiosity a manga, cbz format.
And I’m so excited, it’s so fast! Nothing compared to the stock software! Love it.
Only downside is when I exited Koreader, my Sage went on a loop, trying to connect to the computer, restart, trying to connect to the computer….
I had to manually reset it.
I’ll wait for the stable release.
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 07:59 PM   #3375
jasius
Connoisseur
jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Is KO READER stable and working on the Libra 2 yet? Do the buttons work?
jasius is offline   Reply With Quote