Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-31-2008, 04:38 AM   #1
Treomaniaco
Treomaniaco began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
I can not increase the size or the letters

Hi Everybody
I'm new in the forum, and I have a very big doubt.

I just received my new PRS 505, and I saw that I can not increase the size of the letters to the readable level.

I need the PRS 505 to read office documents during my trips, but I saw that the possibility to increase the letter in the PRS is not enough.

Please, I need some information about how can I increase the size. Maybe modifying the original documents?

Thanks and Regards
Treomaniaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:09 AM   #2
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
Is it a PDF? Cause they're difficult to read on the PRS....
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2008, 06:26 AM   #3
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
What format is the file you're looking at (found via the 'Info' item on the Book page) or what's it's extention or how did you create it/copy it to the reader?

With a bit more info, as might be able to suggest things to try.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:43 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If this is PDF, then use pdfrlf to deal with the documents so they are more readable.

If they are DOC/RTF, then you'll need to increase the font size inside the document. I find 16 point works fine.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:03 PM   #5
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Large fonts

For books purchased at the Sony eBook site there are three fonts: small, medium and large. Extra large fonts can be available if you switch to landscape mode from portrait mode.

For really large fonts use eBook Library to read your books on a 24" LCD Monitor.

I only use my 505 for a supplementary reader. I normally read on my PC using MS Reader or now, eBook Library as well.

PDF books should be read using Adobe Reader on a PC. You can make those fonts as large as you need.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert