Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 03-21-2021, 10:33 PM   #1
georgehuang
Enthusiast
georgehuang began at the beginning.

Device: MacBook, iPhone, Kindle Paperwhite
413 Request Entity Too Large

When trying to add books from Content Server's browser UI, I almost always get "413 Request Entity Too Large" error. The entirety of the error message looks like:

Code:
Failed to upload the file: fyodor-dostoevsky_crime-and-punishment_constance-garnett.epub

Failed to communicate with "/cdb/add-book/2/n/fyodor-dostoevsky_crime-and-punishment_constance-garnett.epub/Calibre", with status: [413 (error)] Request Entity Too Large

413 Request Entity Too Large

nginx/1.18.0 (Ubuntu)
The books I have been trying to upload are no larger than normal, and I can add them through command-line or Calibre's desktop UI just fine. And I think I might have successfully uploaded 2 books or so in the past, but mostly the uploading just fails with the above message.
georgehuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 11:07 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Check the size limits on http requests in nginx.conf.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 12:00 AM   #3
georgehuang
Enthusiast
georgehuang began at the beginning.

Device: MacBook, iPhone, Kindle Paperwhite
Did not know it was default to only 1MB. Added the following to nginx.conf:

Code:
http {
    client_max_body_size 100M;
}
And it works now. Thanks!