Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-11-2010, 01:49 AM   #46
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Can anybody tell how good their ebook collection is?
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:20 AM   #47
Almas
Addict
Almas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Touch; Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehane View Post
And thank you Almas! I happen to live in the one location in Australia that has a reasonable ebook library, but it's always good to have alternative sources.
You are most welcome. My local library also has a good enough collection but the Free Library offered me more options
Almas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2010, 05:21 AM   #48
Almas
Addict
Almas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Are the books available in mobi format for Kindle readers?
From what I can see, they are Adobe ePub and Adobe PDF formats.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:22 AM   #49
Almas
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric11210 View Post
Quick question for everyone who has done this: the application asks for city, state and zip. I assume you simply cross those out and fill in the country information instead? Thanks for any info.

Eric
Yes, just fill it with your city, state and zip and country details.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:26 AM   #50
Almas
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
Depends on what you like reading I guess. You can check out their collection here.
Advert
Old 08-11-2010, 04:28 PM   #51
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I sent in my application earlier today. I didn't expect an immediate reply, since it was 6 am there when I sent it. I did expect a reply some tiime during the day. It is 10: 20 pm here, which means it is what 6:20 pm in Philadelphia? So far my inbox is empty. I am curious, though. I know that several others have applied: How soon did you get an reply ?
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #52
Almas
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
I sent in my application earlier today. I didn't expect an immediate reply, since it was 6 am there when I sent it. I did expect a reply some tiime during the day. It is 10: 20 pm here, which means it is what 6:20 pm in Philadelphia? So far my inbox is empty. I am curious, though. I know that several others have applied: How soon did you get an reply ?
I'd say give them a couple of days if they are processing the form. But let's see what the other members who have applied have to say about response times.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:29 AM   #53
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almas View Post
Depends on what you like reading I guess. You can check out their collection here.
Thanks for the link. Last week I had troubles accessing their collection. First the server wouldn't respond for days and when it finally did it wouldn't let me browse without an account. But now I could just see the ebooks. I tried to get info for a couple of books and they all had zero copies available. And not only the best sellers. So I wonder if anybody here who has an account was able to find a book that was available for download. Or are they just overloaded with borrowers?
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #54
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
each time I tried that email address it just bounced so I ended up Faxing the application ... that was about 4 or 5 days ago. I have not heard anything, I'm willing to wait they might use the post.
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:38 AM   #55
owl123
Addict
owl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy NotePro 12.2, InkBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
Same question here.

I see the library card gets you access not only to OverDrive but to NetLibrary as well.

I'm wondering if their NetLibrary subscription lets you borrow the ebooks or just browse them online (which depends on the type of library subscription that is).
owl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:53 AM   #56
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl123 View Post
I'm wondering if their NetLibrary subscription lets you borrow the ebooks or just browse them online (which depends on the type of library subscription that is).
I just poked around in their Netlibrary stuff and it appears it's for online viewing only.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:58 AM   #57
owl123
Addict
owl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy NotePro 12.2, InkBook
Thanks, AnemicOak. And how many ebooks are there in their subscription? (You can check it by going to http://www.netlibrary.com/ListContent.aspx?cc=Ebook while logged in.)
owl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:11 AM   #58
Ad2
Enthusiast
Ad2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Thanks FlorenceArt, Blue Tyson, jehane. Your advice was great and I am now able to read my library books on my nook. I am a very happy chappy

Just had a look at Phily library's range of books (thanks for the link Almas). What a great number of books they have. Will definitely look at joining.
Ad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:03 AM   #59
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I did get an answer, the next day. Now I just need to figure out how to pay the 15 dollar fee. I cannot find a link...
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #60
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl123 View Post
Thanks, AnemicOak. And how many ebooks are there in their subscription? (You can check it by going to http://www.netlibrary.com/ListContent.aspx?cc=Ebook while logged in.)
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
australia, free library, new zealand, non-us, philadelphia