Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-21-2018, 03:03 AM   #16
Gergely
Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Is this kobonotes.com a defunct site? I have tried to use it but it did not work.
Gergely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:43 AM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The last info I can see about this site is in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...27#post3631727. Based on that, it will probably work with databases from firmware before firmware 3.10.x. And I assume the site owner wasn't able to get their hosting company to update the SQLite version.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2019, 12:59 PM   #18
fferreira
fferreira began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Hi. I'm the creator of KoboNotes. The website is up again at https://thekobonotes.com. Hope you enjoy!
fferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:49 PM   #19
maggan
maggan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fferreira View Post
Hi. I'm the creator of KoboNotes. The website is up again at https://thekobonotes.com. Hope you enjoy!
This is awesome! The first post in this thread needs an update because it is pointing to the wrong page (possibly malicious).
maggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 03:43 AM   #20
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGE View Post
I will write a simple script that deletes them on my side. I can upload afterwards.
Can you please share with us? By the way, I use Linux (Mint).
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2019, 03:44 AM   #21
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Nice work! Please update Post #1 on this thread to the correct URL.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:32 AM   #22
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
That's why I developed a website to extract the notes from your Kobo eReader. I would like to invite you to give it a try at www.kobonotes.com
When I clicked on this link just now, I got taken to a phishing style survey with a popup proclaiming that I was the "Lucky 10th visitor, you've won an iPhone!" NOT very enticing.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 07:09 AM   #23
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
When I clicked on this link just now, I got taken to a phishing style survey with a popup proclaiming that I was the "Lucky 10th visitor, you've won an iPhone!" NOT very enticing.
This is the old link. You need to use this: https://thekobonotes.com

The OP need to be update ASAP
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 07:23 AM   #24
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
This is the old link. You need to use this: https://thekobonotes.com

The OP need to be update ASAP
Sorry, that's if anything even worse. A "Data Scientist" who can't even be bothered deleting or modifying a link he posted which now points to a phishing trap? THAT does not inspire confidence either. The initial description rightly drew criticism for a cavalier disregard for privacy, this kind of sloppiness suggest a callous or lazy indifference to user security. A hard pass from me.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 05:52 PM   #25
fferreira
fferreira began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Sorry about the delay. I already changed the link on the first post. Please let me know if you have any other question.

Just a side note. If you have any privacy issues you can use the demo account. If you log in with the demo, you can view how KoboNotes works. You can also load your data while on the demo account. If you do this, you can still view your notes, as they are stored on your browser, but they will not be saved anywhere. The next time you load the website the noted will be gone, and it will appear the demo's account notes - my personal notes.
fferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:14 PM   #26
droopy
Guru

fferreira,
can you (or someone) please create a tool for linux (mint) that will strip the sql file of all personal info so that the only thing that will be uploaded are the stuff that your website will use (i.e. notes/highlights, etc)?
Thanks!
Old 07-27-2020, 08:13 AM   #27
Nightflyer
Connoisseur
Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M6, Kobo Clara HD
I would really like to try the Android app. But I’m cautious about my personal information sharing after reading about it here so not going to try.

- Only 50+ downloads from Google Play store so far.
- Maybe the earlier security concerns and phishing link have turned people off or something.
- Can’t really find any reviews on internet.
Nightflyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annoation, extract, highlights and notes, kobo, notes