Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-12-2012, 08:22 AM   #16
madsquabbles
Groupie
madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: samsung 8.9, galaxy note 10.1, galaxy note 2, nook hd+, ipad
yes, and you can replace the launcher too.

i'll have to install a queue manager if i want a usable netflix.
madsquabbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #17
spellbanisher
Guru
spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle keyboard, kindle fire hd, S4, Nook hd+
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsquabbles View Post
it there after i sign in. skipping oobe had 0 apps. i wnt are @nd took the update since it doesn't break root. netflix runs horribly on this device, at least the queue is slow as heck.
Is the video playback slow on netflix? On my droid x2 the netflix app is excruciatingly sluggish but once i get into video streaming it works great. I've read elsewhere that in general the mobile netflix app is very sluggish for navigation, but the video playback works well.
spellbanisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #18
madsquabbles
Groupie
madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbanisher View Post
Is the video playback slow on netflix? On my droid x2 the netflix app is excruciatingly sluggish but once i get into video streaming it works great. I've read elsewhere that in general the mobile netflix app is very sluggish for navigation, but the video playback works well.
oh no, playback is fine. it's just navigating through the queue that's slow as crap. so is scrolling through amazon appstore or pretty much anything with lots of pictures that i've come across so far. i wonder how much the high res is killing the performance here.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #19
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbanisher View Post
I've read elsewhere that in general the mobile netflix app is very sluggish for navigation, but the video playback works well.
That is certainly my experience on a Nook Color with CM7, the app interface is painful to use, but actually watching something is fine.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #20
madsquabbles
Groupie

flash plays fine. i sideloaded it and tried it with dolphin.

got moon reader on it after pulling it off my phone (so i'm pretty happy there). next i'll try firefox. it still quite a bit of lag, especially when scrolling the bookshelf in moon. it may be a driver issue as one person pointed out in xda a while back.
Advert
Old 11-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #21
madsquabbles
Groupie

ok, for some reason netflix is working dang good today (the queue). i'm able to scroll with no problems now.