Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-24-2010, 09:59 AM   #46
SidneyW
Zealot
SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
They have a pretty handy app that I use mostly to track books I've read etc., but I do some interaction their boards etc.
SidneyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #47
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I was using Visual Bookshelf on Facebook and it's disappearing and they are suggesting going to GoodReads. I signed up this morning and exported my bookshelf to csv and then tried the import tool. Nothing came in. Suckage. That's a lot of books I'd have to re-enter. Not impressed.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2011, 09:54 AM   #48
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Well, I've got my ebooks on sale over there and my books listed on their site only because so many other authors are over there, and because a number of my readers are as well.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:48 AM   #49
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I was using Visual Bookshelf on Facebook and it's disappearing and they are suggesting going to GoodReads. I signed up this morning and exported my bookshelf to csv and then tried the import tool. Nothing came in. Suckage. That's a lot of books I'd have to re-enter. Not impressed.
I was able to import all of mine via a .csv file..... Give it another try before resorting to all that data entry.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:51 PM   #50
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I am "on" Good Reads... but have not looked around yet. Sounds like its going to be worth digging into a bit...
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2011, 01:19 PM   #51
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I've been using it for quite a while. It helps me keep up with my books when I'm reading too fast to journal properly. Spent 2 hours catching up my book journal this wekeend and GR was invaluable.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #52
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I was able to import all of mine via a .csv file..... Give it another try before resorting to all that data entry.
Oh I haven't given up on the import yet, but it was annoying since I did what they said to do.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:09 PM   #53
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
There's a problem at this moment with book import in goodreads (it has already been warned). Wait a bit while they repair it (I have imported book successfully in the past but it didn't work yesterday.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:36 PM   #54
Joonbug1
Groupie
Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I used Goodreads to review some books I feel are modern classics. Other than that, though, I haven't found much use for the site other than knowing what some friends and peers are reading... which, I guess is the point, more or less. The constant emails of their updates get annoying quick though.
Joonbug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:03 AM   #55
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
The import works again. It looks like a lot of people has had the same idea and the site was running slow
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:03 AM   #56
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

It looks like it worked originally and was just not showing me anything because this morning everything was there.

Okay not everything. It sucked having to re-rate and re-make some bookshelves. Some of my reviews didn't export though. The reviews_books_[].csv file is definitely not complete. There's a book I reviewed that's not in the list of books too. Overall I'll give the switchover a C-.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:14 AM   #57
mldavis2
Coffee Nut
mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3; K4PC; Calibre
I find GR excellent for keeping track of 'to-read' lists when a book is mentioned and I want to remember it for future reading or price decrease. I do find the GR interface a bit tricky until I found my own 'pig-trail' of links to update my entries. I try to always comment / review books in a simple paragraph for the sake of my GR friends. They have also purchased and taken over a book-recommendation application (name escapes me) but it isn't online yet after several months. But then my 'to-read' list runneth over so no big deal, I guess.

The sheer number of members is staggering. A recent check on one of my books showed over 25,000 readers which makes the starred ratings fairly reliable, and I like the fact that it is an international group of respondents.
mldavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:32 PM   #58
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I am fairly active there, even moderating a couple of forums. I almost always leave a written comment, even if it's only something like "Book was okay, nothing special."
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:11 PM   #59
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Soo... what do authors do there? I could go look,but might only find bad examples.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #60
redbees
Enthusiast
redbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Paperwhite 2, Nexus 7
Joonbug1,

It is possible to turn off email notifications at Goodreads. Go to: Username > My Account > Emails. You can choose under which circumstances (if at at all) you will receive emails or on-site notifications.
redbees is offline   Reply With Quote