Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-20-2010, 01:34 AM   #31
Jcas
Zealot
Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle PW2,Kindle DXG,iPhone 4
I joined goodreads ages ago, this thread has inspired me to check it out again though,
Jcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:09 AM   #32
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Care View Post
I am addicted to Goodreads! I am there any chance I get extra computer time. I have not only found many new amazing books that I probably never would have read if I didn't see my friends reviews, but I have met wonderful people through groups.
Been exactly my experience as well!
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2010, 02:11 PM   #33
Russell Brooks
Fanatic
Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've had better luck getting reviews on Goodreads than on Amazon. Stick with Goodreads.
Russell Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:03 PM   #34
Wait_For_It
Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire
I love Goodreads. I always check out the reviews.
Wait_For_It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:21 PM   #35
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
I have been on GoodReads almost as long as I have been on Mobileread. I use is to track most of reading. It is also where I go when investigating a new author that I have found or heard of.

Between MR and GR, Calibre and my readers I don't think I need anything else.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2010, 06:21 PM   #36
mish
Addict
mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmay View Post
Goodreads does have a giveaway, but it's for printed books only. The giveaway is intended for pre-release or recently-released books. As far as I can tell, Goodreads encourages reviews on giveaway books, but doesn't demand it.
Actually, both GR and LT have basically the same policy that the review is not required but if you don't do it then it can affect your chances of getting future books. I agree that they seem to be more inclined to enforce this at LT. The difference, IMO, is the algorithm they use. I think LT's algorithm is much better.
mish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:46 PM   #37
Russell Brooks
Fanatic
Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattncat View Post
I have been on GoodReads almost as long as I have been on Mobileread. I use is to track most of reading. It is also where I go when investigating a new author that I have found or heard of.

Between MR and GR, Calibre and my readers I don't think I need anything else.
What's Calibre? I'm curious to know more about it.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:58 PM   #38
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Calibre is an open-source library manager to view, convert and catalog e-books. Cross-platform (Linux, Windows and OS X)
Kovid is the creator of calibre and MR has a forum just for calibre with a "Frequently Asked Questions" sticky in that forum. Plus the calibre website.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:47 PM   #39
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Just FYI to everyone (since this thread just popped up in my stream, I've got an author page over at Goodreads per the recommendation of several people here. You can view it here: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show...25.Steven_Lake

BTW, I do agree that if you're an author that it's a good idea to be over there and have your own author page.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:00 PM   #40
Russell Brooks
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Kovid is the creator of calibre and MR has a forum just for calibre with a "Frequently Asked Questions" sticky in that forum. Plus the calibre website.
Thanks, Dreams.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:24 PM   #41
Lori Devoti
Author and Nook Lover
Lori Devoti began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Goodreads is on my list of sites to delve into more thoroughly. I was using Shelfari, but it seems like more people use Goodreads. I've joined a couple of communities, but haven't had time to interact a lot yet.
Next year!
Lori
Lori Devoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:50 PM   #42
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've been playing around in there recently, and wow. I mean, wow. There is so much you can do there that it's not even funny. I got in today and started tackling some of the stuff there in hopes of doing some more of the items on my marketing checklist (it's huge btw) and I did manage to get some things knocked out over at Goodreads. But then I ended up adding back an equal amount of things I could do, and THEN some. lol. My list of things I could and should do at goodreads actually made my list grow even after checking off a number of things. lol. That's just messed up.

But on the flipside, it's actually very, very good. The more cool ways you have to connect with your readers, the better.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:24 PM   #43
Russell Brooks
Fanatic

Goodreads is beta testing their bookstore where authors can upload their ebooks in ePUB format. What does that mean for authors? Extra distribution. How cool is that?
Old 11-23-2010, 11:09 PM   #44
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author

Yeah, I've already got my ebooks uploaded to their site, and have also scored some sales from there as well.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:47 PM   #45
mish
Addict
mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Brooks View Post
Goodreads is beta testing their bookstore where authors can upload their ebooks in ePUB format. What does that mean for authors? Extra distribution. How cool is that?
Where is this store on GR? I can't find it.
mish is offline   Reply With Quote