Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-12-2010, 02:43 PM   #1
Fabe
Dylanologist
Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: none/all/any
Newbie Q: html > Calibre > .mobi > Kindle on Mac

Friends - My first post. I am a newbie to the ebook world. I formatted a book, ran it through Calibre to generate a .mobi file, and viewed it on Kindle for Macintosh. It looks great. However, it did not format exactly as I thought it would.

In the Kindle view, all text was left justified. In my Calibre view it appeared as I created it with three levels of indentation. I used heading 1 <h1> for left most justification, heading 2 <h2> for the next level, and a paragraph setting for the third and largest indentation. Here are the settings from my CSS code:

h1 {margin: 100.0px 0.0px 20.0px 9.0px; font: 16.0px Times New Roman; font-weight:bold}
h2 {margin: 35.0px 0.0px 12.0px 43.0px; text-indent: -25.0px; font: 14.0px Times New Roman; font-styleblique}
p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 66.0px; text-indent: -24.0px; font: 12.0px Times New Roman}

1. Is this a Calibre issue?
2. Should I use .mobi for Kindle?
3. Should I spend my time learning CSS and stop wasting your time? :-)
4. Am I in the right forum?

Thanks for any and all advice. - Fabe
Fabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I'm not the right person to answer the whole question, since I'm not a Kindle user, but here's what I have:

1. I'm not sure, but my first thought is "Kindle issue."
2. Sorry, no clue.
3. Learning CSS is always a good thing, though in my current semiconscious state, yours seems valid.
4. That I can answer: Yes.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert