Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-11-2016, 08:29 AM   #841
Rosa_WM
Enthusiast
Rosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle PW2, Onyx Boox M96
The old neo reader is fine. The new one shuts down whenever I try to export notes :/

edit:
I checked this again. The Neo Reader v 2.0 can export highlights in txt format, but cannot export to a pdf as the old Neo Reader.

Last edited by Rosa_WM; 12-11-2016 at 08:41 AM.
Rosa_WM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 01:11 PM   #842
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimush View Post
1.8.0 update from chinese site, just hold your pen on the document
Ahhh it appears only on PDF file... now I understand.
Yes, I can confirm I have neoreader and neoreader 2.
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2016, 05:30 PM   #843
ddobre
ddobre began at the beginning.

Device: M96Universe
M96Universe => move to Booxtor firmware

Hello,

I have an M96Universe device from ArtaTech. I tried the following methods to move to Booxtor firmware, but without success:

1. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=move+booxtor
I installed Windows 7 and Windows 10 (both x64). The device is not detected correctly ("adb devices" command does not show any device). Also Device Manager detect the device but cannot start it properly - the device ha the yellow sign.

2. Download latest update.zip from mobileread, remove the first three lines from the updater-script file, resign the package using signapk.jar (also sign the whole file with parameter -w).

Is anyone who has a similar device and successfully moved to Booxtor firmware ?

Thanks,
Dan
ddobre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:37 AM   #844
Rosa_WM
Enthusiast
Rosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enough

I have the M96 Universe from ArtaTech as well. I used the method described in 1, and everything went well.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:27 PM   #845
ddobre
ddobre began at the beginning.

Device: M96Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa_WM View Post
I have the M96 Universe from ArtaTech as well. I used the method described in 1, and everything went well.
Hi,

Finally I succeeded following steps from method 1 described above.

I used virtualization when installing Windows 7 and 10.

First time I used Boxes - the hypervisor that is installed by default in Fedora 25. After installing drivers indicated in the method 1, M96Universe was not installed correctly (yellow sign in Device Manager).

Second time I used VMWare Workstation v12. M96Universe was installed correctly (no yellow sign in Device Maneger). But when I run 'adb devices' from Command Prompt there are no devices listed. Then I used PhoenixSuit1.0.7 drivers and everything was fine.

Thank you all.
ddobre is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2016, 03:30 AM   #846
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is a new update 1.7.8 version in http://ereader-store.de/en/content/8-downloads
The version is still 1.7.8, but with a new release date 2016-12-14

Actually I installed it on M96 and I got trouble: after the installation the M96 keep booting until it enters in "Boox System Recovery <3e>". I have some option, but no way to start again the ebook reader... Luckily I have got a copy of the previous 1.7.8 1.8 and I installed it from the SD card, and now the M96 works again.
It is a problem only for me?

Last edited by fbrzvnrnd; 12-16-2016 at 06:10 AM.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:44 AM   #847
Rosa_WM
Enthusiast

I don't get it. If the previous one was 1.8 how come this one's 1.7.8 ?
Old 12-16-2016, 06:12 AM   #848
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa_WM View Post
I don't get it. If the previous one was 1.8 how come this one's 1.7.8 ?
Uh, you are right. I'll fix my old post.
I don't know why this 1.7.8 ...
Old 01-12-2017, 11:25 AM   #849
kra28
kra28 began at the beginning.

Device: M96
1.8.1 for M96 and M96C

New update 1.8.1 for M96 and M96C is accessible here:
http://bbs.onyx-international.com.cn...fid=107&page=1
kra28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 03:16 AM   #850
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kra28 View Post
New update 1.8.1 for M96 and M96C is accessible here:
http://bbs.onyx-international.com.cn...fid=107&page=1

what have changed?
Old 01-16-2017, 08:27 PM   #851
anton_dys
anton_dys began at the beginning.

Device: M96M Zeus
latest update

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrzvnrnd View Post

There is an option to disable the "contrast enhance", but it does not work...

f.
Can't find that option, where is it? Perhaps it is fixed and working in the latest update.

And did they remove that feature to adjust the contrast on a system level (in third party apps, etc.) ??? Can't find it any more...
anton_dys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:56 AM   #852
kra28
kra28 began at the beginning.

Device: M96
Quote:
what have changed?
Now it is accessible here:
http://ereader-store.de/en/content/8-downloads

(changes are included).

Michal
kra28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 02:22 AM   #853
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by anton_dys View Post
Can't find that option, where is it? Perhaps it is fixed and working in the latest update.

And did they remove that feature to adjust the contrast on a system level (in third party apps, etc.) ??? Can't find it any more...

Go to applications, long-press an app until you see a pop-up menu in top right of the screen. There you can select “apps optimize setting” and “enable contrast enhance”. But here is not working at all.
BTW Onyx answers me telling "we also check V1.8 "enable contrast enhance" that is workable", but I don't understand what this means.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:25 AM   #854
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kra28 View Post
Now it is accessible here:
http://ereader-store.de/en/content/8-downloads

(changes are included).

Michal
Quote:
- Changed. A2 key switch, removed from the system contrast settings (adjustment of the contrast settings currently is only supported in the Neo and Neo 2 apps)
Ouch. Onyx has a strange way of understanding the word "improving".
Someone has tried if this new update fix the "enable contrast enhance" problem?
Old 01-17-2017, 06:24 AM   #855
anton_dys
anton_dys began at the beginning.

Device: M96M Zeus
Quote:
Ouch. Onyx has a strange way of understanding the word "improving".
Someone has tried if this new update fix the "enable contrast enhance" problem?
I have found and tried it with GoldenDict, but it has no effect. All text is made bold after loading, just as before.
anton_dys is offline   Reply With Quote