Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-29-2006, 02:16 PM   #1
davec67
davec67 began at the beginning.

9/29 est ship date not shipped yet

well its 9/29 and my order stills says In Process and estimated Ship date of 9/29. Has anyone with this ship date actually had an emal confirmation?
davec67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:43 PM   #2
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
Dave,

that will take some time, tomorrow morning you will probably see something like this
September 30, 2006 12:00 AM Pickup LONG BEACH, CA
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:55 PM   #3
gbdesai
gbdesai began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Yeah the system seems to be horribly behind, at least 8-12 hours of lag between activity and update of activity.
gbdesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 04:17 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbdesai
Yeah the system seems to be horribly behind, at least 8-12 hours of lag between activity and update of activity.
That may the Postal end of it, they only update tracking info every 24 hours.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 05:23 PM   #5
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
>That may the Postal end of it

Nope, that's still FedEx SlowPost Once it gets to to USPS we will see status lines with '*' similiar to these
-----------------------------------------------------------------
September 28, 2006 12:01 PM Electronic Shipping Info Received OCEANSIDE, CA *
September 28, 2006 5:53 AM Acceptance OCEANSIDE, CA *
September 28, 2006 4:38 AM USPS Entry OCEANSIDE, CA
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 07:01 PM   #6
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
I just checked mine, still scheduled to ship out today. I put the $112 on mine so I don't think USPS will have anything at all to do with handling it.

FedEx is generally very fast on the updates when the item is traveling P1 inside their domestic system.

Yeah, I'm crossing my fingers...
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:21 AM   #7
Thistledown
Thistledown doesn't litterThistledown doesn't litterThistledown doesn't litter

My order was scheduled to ship out on 9/29, but this morning it now reads "Ship Date Unknown".
Thistledown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 02:47 PM   #8
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Same here.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 02:47 PM   #9
davec67
davec67 began at the beginning.

mine too, now ha unknown ship date. So after almost a year to prepare it does look like sony did only have a first batch of 130 units to ship. I guess they much have rushed to be first to market or something. I can't think of any other reason for them to launch so understocked.

Maybe they wanted to be able to say that they are backlogged to November so only set up a production line that could generate a 100 or so a week. Typical of sony.
davec67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:10 PM   #10
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I am now on 10/05/2006:

Code:
Date  	Time  	Description  	Location
September 28, 2006 	4:44 AM 	Sortation Center Departure 	LOS ANGELES, CA
September 27, 2006 	9:20 AM 	Sortation Center Arrival 	LOS ANGELES, CA
September 27, 2006 	12:00 AM 	Pickup 	LONG BEACH, CA
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:33 PM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Some progress to report. Still same ETA (10/05/2006):

Code:
Date 	Time 	Description 	Location
September 30, 2006 	4:44 PM 	Sortation Center Arrival 	NEW BERLIN, WI
September 28, 2006 	4:44 AM 	Sortation Center Departure 	LOS ANGELES, CA
September 27, 2006 	9:20 AM 	Sortation Center Arrival 	LOS ANGELES, CA
September 27, 2006 	12:00 AM 	Pickup 	LONG BEACH, CA
Old 10-01-2006, 01:19 PM   #12
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
ahem Alexander...you're from switzerland..why are you receibing a device that is for the Us only...???

:-)
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:35 PM   #13
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Technically, it's his girlfriend that's receiving it. Presumably, she'll pass it along, unless, of course, he's obnoxious to her in the meantime.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:52 PM   #14
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Technically, it's his girlfriend that's receiving it. Presumably, she'll pass it along, unless, of course, he's obnoxious to her in the meantime.
Bob suggested that I'd order two since by the time I'll be able to pick it up (around Thanksgiving), she might have gotten too used to it. Sniff.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:30 AM   #15
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Quote:
Nope, that's still FedEx SlowPost Once it gets to to USPS we will see status lines with '*' similiar to these:
Ah! OK, mine now shows departure from the last "Sortation Center" and electronic notice to my local P.O. It still shows delivery for the 5th, but
I would guess maybe the 4th. I suspect that it goes from the last Sortation Center to the local P.O. on FedEx ground trucks unless it is a large shipment to a large P.O. (which this is not). Separate trucks would not be very efficient.
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote