Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-05-2014, 06:00 PM   #1
westofpecos
westofpecos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW2, Nexus 7, Nexus 5
Question Calibre Companion-friendly EPUB+PDF ebook readers?

I originally posted this question in the Calibre Companion sub-forum. Posters suggested I repost here.

I am working on a book that involves significant research into mid and late nineteenth century documents, many (but not all) of which are only available in PDF format. I am trying to move my workflow to digital only.

I am looking for the right CC-friendly android ebook reader, that can read both EPUB and PDF, with, if possible, the following features:
- use CC for library mgt
- annotate EPUB
- annotate PDF
- annotations available on a PC ( so I can bring them back into my research database)

So far, I found found that Moon+ Pro satisfies all my requirements (I think) except for being able to access annotations from a PC.

Do you have any suggestions for such an app?

As accessory questions, based on comments from the CC sub-forum:
- does anyone know if it is possible to somehow access Moon+Reader Pro annotations from a PC?
- can Adobe Acrobat from Android use the CC ebook library, and is it possible to pick a PDF with CC and launch Adobe Acrobat from it?

Many thanks in advance.
westofpecos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:26 AM   #2
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
>- does anyone know if it is possible to somehow access Moon+Reader Pro annotations from a PC?
I just click 'share' for book's highlights and annotations to gmail and send them (via inqloud.com) to evernote account with correct tags
Not best solution but it works.
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:27 PM   #3
westofpecos
westofpecos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW2, Nexus 7, Nexus 5
Thanks very much Vikarti, very good info, I'll test it out and see if I can set the workflow that way.
westofpecos is offline   Reply With Quote