Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-10-2020, 11:43 PM   #46
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister L View Post
... Maybe I will pad the clips bar and put less-used clips in the second half to bump the more important ones to the second bar. ...
If you really don't need all clip slots, you could fill hidden clips with "xx", "xxx", "xxxx" etc. That way you can see all the clips you do use
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:56 AM   #47
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I was scratching my head over this request: Why would the need so many QUICK ACCESS clips ( I have ~10 on the bar)?
then >
They are using a Touch pad/screen an I use my rodent

I have been using the context menu with Groups (shows nested)
Also note, I use clips IN THE SEARCH and REPLACE sections for MY commonly used snips
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2020, 01:49 PM   #48
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
Just re-opened yesterday's project and got 'Sigil has encountered a problem, Sigil may need to close'.

Closed the error box and it seems I can continue as normal. But I closed Sigil anyway. No error shown on re-loading the same book.

Of interest?

Error info: Critical: ARB::createContext: wglCreateContextAttribsARB() failed (GL error code: 0x0) for format: QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize 24, redBufferSize -1, greenBufferSize -1, blueBufferSize -1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize 8, samples 0, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::DefaultSwapBehavior, swapInterval 1, colorSpace QSurfaceFormat::DefaultColorSpace, profile QSurfaceFormat::NoProfile), shared context: 0x30000 (The operation completed successfully.)
Sigil version: 1.1.0
Runtime Qt: 5.12.6
Compiled Qt: 5.12.6
System: Windows 10 (10.0)
Architecture: x86_64
I've received this message a couple of times myself, now, when launching Sigil (even after making a change in response to the initial report). It feels entirely spurious, since Sigil works fine after dismissing it. However:

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-52397
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-55914
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:43 PM   #49
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I've received this message a couple of times myself, now, when launching Sigil (even after making a change in response to the initial report). It feels entirely spurious, since Sigil works fine after dismissing it.
I saw this for the first time today, and like you say it seems fine after dismissing the message. This is on Windows 10. I restarted Sigil from Cygwin to see if any extra console messages, but it didn't give the popup error the next time, even though it was the same file.

"One of those things..."
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 12:52 AM   #50
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Finally had a few minutes to play with Sigil's Dark Mode on macOS Catalina, and I wanted to offer my compliments. Really nicely done, guys and gals. I'm not a dark mode user myself as light text on dark background does funny things to my eyes, but if I were a dark mode devotee, I'd be all over this

In other Mac news, the Feb 3 deadline for notarization enforcement has come and gone and is not stopping Sigil. I did a clean install of Sigil 1.1.0 on Catalina today and it opens just fine (provided you know how to override Gatekeeper by going into Security Prefs).
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2020, 08:15 AM   #51
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Glad to hear both!

Thanks,

Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Finally had a few minutes to play with Sigil's Dark Mode on macOS Catalina, and I wanted to offer my compliments. Really nicely done, guys and gals. I'm not a dark mode user myself as light text on dark background does funny things to my eyes, but if I were a dark mode devotee, I'd be all over this

In other Mac news, the Feb 3 deadline for notarization enforcement has come and gone and is not stopping Sigil. I did a clean install of Sigil 1.1.0 on Catalina today and it opens just fine (provided you know how to override Gatekeeper by going into Security Prefs).
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 12:48 PM   #52
Mister L
Groupie
Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I was scratching my head over this request: Why would the need so many QUICK ACCESS clips ( I have ~10 on the bar)?
then >
They are using a Touch pad/screen an I use my rodent

I have been using the context menu with Groups (shows nested)
Not sure if some people are using a touch screen, I'm not, but I like having access to clips from both the clip bar and the clip browser, and *also* (but more rarely) the context menu. The clip bar is for my frequently used "universal" clips which are useful in all projects. I also have thematic and client-specific clip groups which are useful frequently but not necessarily everywhere, so it can be helpful to scroll down to the specific client or theme group and keep that quickly accessible in the clip window (I keep this docked under the book browser) and grab what I need from there or the clip bar.

I rarely use the context menu (sometimes I do) because I have a lot of clips and a lot of groups (including nested sub-groups...) and it can be fiddly and time-consuming to navigate through them in the context menu to find the one I want, instead of just scrolling the clip window to the pertinent group and keeping it close-to-hand.

Quote:
Also note, I use clips IN THE SEARCH and REPLACE sections for MY commonly used snips
Do you mean you use the clips instead of saved searches? Or saved searches in addition to clips? (I also have tons of saved searches including series which I do on practically every project, and I also open the saved searches window (CTRL ALT F) and go down the list, rather than use the context menu )

Clips and saved searches are probably my top 2 favourite Sigil features.
Mister L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:32 PM   #53
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Do you mean you use the clips instead of saved searches? Or saved searches in addition to clips? (I also have tons of saved searches including series which I do on practically every project, and I also open the saved searches window (CTRL ALT F) and go down the list, rather than use the context menu )

Clips and saved searches are probably my top 2 favourite Sigil features.
I use clips to construct on the fly, Replaces.
I use saved searches to do those that I repeat frequently
Old 02-25-2020, 01:11 PM   #54
Mister L
Groupie
Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Sony 350
Quote:
I use clips to construct on the fly, Replaces.
I use saved searches to do those that I repeat frequently
Hm, very interesting, I had not thought of doing that... could be useful for storing regex snips for instance... thanks for the tip, I sense a new clip group in my very near future.
Mister L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:18 PM   #55
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Hm, very interesting, I had not thought of doing that... could be useful for storing regex snips for instance... thanks for the tip, I sense a new clip group in my very near future.
Exactly
Old 03-25-2020, 12:20 PM   #56
thosp
thosp began at the beginning.

Device: laptop & tablet
Under EDIT>Preferences>Appearance>Item Colors there is not now a setting for the Background of the main page, whereas in previous versions that was the case. Any chance of getting that featyre back in? That would be great;y appreciated!
thosp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:28 PM   #57
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by thosp View Post
Under EDIT>Preferences>Appearance>Item Colors there is not now a setting for the Background of the main page, whereas in previous versions that was the case. Any chance of getting that featyre back in? That would be great;y appreciated!
Discussion and alternatives here.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote