Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 02-06-2020, 10:05 PM   #1
relayer250
relayer250 began at the beginning.

Device: iOS & Kindle 2 Intl
Question Updating books in Calibre from MapleRead

I use Calibre as my ebook library and sync ebooks via OPDS to MapleRead as my ereader. I have considered making notes in the books but I am unsure if there is a way to sync these books with the changes back into Calibre? The only way I know would work is to manually re-add the modified book to Calibre and replace the unedited version in my library, but keeping metadata. Any other way? Thanks!
relayer250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:35 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No OPDS is readonly.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 05:48 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by relayer250 View Post
I use Calibre as my ebook library and sync ebooks via OPDS to MapleRead as my ereader. I have considered making notes in the books but I am unsure if there is a way to sync these books with the changes back into Calibre? The only way I know would work is to manually re-add the modified book to Calibre and replace the unedited version in my library, but keeping metadata. Any other way? Thanks!
Are you sure the notes are actually added to the book? It is a very unusual thing to do. Most ereader apps store the notes in a database somewhere. Looking at the MapleRead overview, they mention importing notes and sending them to other people, so it is most likely that the notes are stored separately.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 11:24 AM   #4
relayer250
relayer250 began at the beginning.

Device: iOS & Kindle 2 Intl
Thank you kovidgoyal and Davidfor, I was just trying to make sure I was not missing any feature! I shall see if MapleRead can somehow export those notes.
relayer250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mapleread