Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 11-09-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
H. P. Lovecraft in epub

I've notice a lack of H. P. Lovecraft in epub form and was wondering if anyone is currently working on one.

If not, I'll have a crack at it.

I'll put it together as an omnibus (complete works) edition. I've notice a few omnibus editions for Lovecraft in other formats. I haven't checked them all out, so would anyone recommend one of them as a good source file for conversion?

Also as I'm not too hot on copyright, does anyone know if there are any stories, poems, etc by Lovecraft that are still covered by copyright?
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:26 PM   #2
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
I believe you can get just about all of it in ePUB at Feedbooks.com
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2009, 02:45 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
I've notice a lack of H. P. Lovecraft in epub form and was wondering if anyone is currently working on one.

If not, I'll have a crack at it.

I'll put it together as an omnibus (complete works) edition. I've notice a few omnibus editions for Lovecraft in other formats. I haven't checked them all out, so would anyone recommend one of them as a good source file for conversion?

Also as I'm not too hot on copyright, does anyone know if there are any stories, poems, etc by Lovecraft that are still covered by copyright?
If there's a Mobi one (which I'm pretty sure there is) you can use Calibre to convert it to ePub. It generally does a very good job of converting.

There are a number of short stories which Lovecraft wrote jointly with another author (whose name escapes me) which are still in copyright; I think you'll find that the "complete works" books here on MR contain everything that's in the public domain.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:37 AM   #4
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
I believe you can get just about all of it in ePUB at Feedbooks.com
True, But I'd rather have a small number or just one book than having to manage 70+ books, especially as a lot of his work were of the short-story length, so it makes sense to put them together in a smaller number of volumes.

Thanks Harry, I'll look at the mobi version and avoid his collaberations with other authors.

Last edited by ghostyjack; 11-10-2009 at 10:09 AM.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:07 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This is probably a good place to start:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27083
Advert
Old 11-12-2009, 01:05 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
This is probably a good place to start:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27083
As you stated previously this format (prc) converts to epub quickly and accurately with Calibre. I have this book on my PRS-505 in epub format now. Thanks for pointing it out.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:23 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

My pleasure.