Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-30-2008, 07:23 AM   #1
rosie posie
rosie posie began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Help me download my ebook from Adobe onto my BeBook

Please can someone help me.

I have purchased an ebook from ebookmall and downloaded it onto my adobe digital editions library but i cannot transfer it onto my BeBook.

I have contacted their support but i am waiting for an answer....i have a feeling that the format may not be compatible with my BeBook (even though BeBook is compatible with most). Can someone please help?
rosie posie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:34 AM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I've just had a quick look at the Bebook website. http://mybebook.com/ This doesn't mention ADE as one of the supported formats.

It says that supported formats are:

"Supported file formats: pdf, mobi, prc, epub, lit, txt, fb2, doc, html, rtf, djvu, wol, ppt, mbp, chm, bmp, jpg, png, gif, tif, rar, zip, mp3."

and notifies people of an update:

"PDB Support Added - Free update
Surprise surprise! Here's the next free update for your BeBook!

Here's what added in this update:
* The .PDB file format is added.
* The PDF parser is updated to version 7. (non DRM, but supports password protection)
* The Epub parser is updated. It now supports catelogue/index.
* The CHM parser is updated, it now supports flowing display.
CLICK TO READ AND DOWNLOAD!
Added October 2008"
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2008, 07:36 AM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And here's a thread which discusses the issue:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29490
Old 10-30-2008, 08:20 AM   #4
rosie posie
rosie posie began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Thank you for your help.

It doesn't look like it is a format they support.

Alot of the mobipocket books are not available in the UK - Does anyone know of any other sites that have formats i can download with ebooks that are available in the UK?
rosie posie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:24 AM   #5
Patricia
Reader

Here's a list of e-bookstores from our wiki:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_stores

What sort of books are you looking for, rosie posie?

Do have a look round the wiki. There's a link at the very top of this page, on the left.
Advert
Old 10-30-2008, 09:31 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie posie View Post
Thank you for your help.

It doesn't look like it is a format they support.

Alot of the mobipocket books are not available in the UK - Does anyone know of any other sites that have formats i can download with ebooks that are available in the UK?
Sounds as if you've been looking directly at the MobiPocket web site.

Don't.

MobiPocket are "wholesalers" for all the other MobiPocket eBook stores, and their prices are generally a lot higher than you'll pay elsewhere. Plus, being in France, they'll charge you 19.6% VAT on top of the quoted prices.

Good places to look for MobiPocket books are:

http://www.fictionwise.com

and:

http://www.booksonboard.com
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote