Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-25-2014, 01:38 PM   #1
climbinghalfdome
climbinghalfdome began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard Gen 3
Play this Game. Test your knowledge!

Here is how the game goes;
I tell you what features I like in order of priority, and you think of a device that fits.

I like how small my 3rd Gen kindle keyboard was, because it fit in my suit coat breast pocket.
I like listening to audible content (books read out loud).
I like text to speech
I like the WiFi
I like the 3G connectivity
I like long battery life.

Is there anything else out there that I can read my kindle books on, listen to audible books on, and is small enough to fit in a pocket?

I don't need an internet surfing device.
Touch screen is not a priority.
climbinghalfdome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:20 PM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
What's your price range--and do you need e-ink? If you don't need e-ink, check out some of the tablets--Kindle Fire, Nexus 7, iPad Mini. Depending on your defiinition of "long battery life", these might not meet that criteria...The Kindle Fire also supports text-to-speech. Don't think the Nexus or iPad will do that, but they do support audible content.

I don't know of any current e-ink models with audio capabilities (I could be wrong). The Kindle Touch does though--you might be able to pick a refurbished one up at a reasonable price.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2014, 09:15 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Onyx has several eBook readers using the BOOX name with audio including text to speech. They support mobi but no Amazon DRM but they do run Android so you would probably get a Kindle app on them. They are E Ink. See our wiki for more details.

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 03-27-2014 at 09:20 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote