Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-14-2012, 03:45 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Getting K3 firmware onto K2

I saw a mention that it might be possible to get K3 firmware onto a K2. I've looked through the K2 index on the wiki, and had a search in the forums, but I can't find a thread on this.

Has anyone managed to get a K3 firmware installed on a K2? If so, a pointer to the thread would be much appreciated. If the recent 3.4 firmware could also be hacked onto the K2, giving KF8 support, that would be a feature I'd be willing to jump through a few hoops to get!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:23 AM   #2
AZImmortal
Zealot
AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Nexus 7
Here you go: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=127969
AZImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2012, 04:30 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Many thanks. I'll see what I can make of it. I've added it to the K2 Index.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:43 AM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZImmortal View Post
That link was only in the DX(G) index. The K2 index has not gotten much attention since I put just enough in there to get it started.

@pdurrant: Thanks for adding the link to the K2 index. There are other links in other indexes that really should get copied there too.

If I had a K2 I would pay more attention to the K2 index. Anybody got a spare K2 gathering dust?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:44 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Agreed, that K2 section needs a lot of loving care from someone.

And the original machine?
Was it called (under our current naming system) a K1?
Are there any of those still in use?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I looked around for some last night actually. old devices, so I could grab a few for testing.

Near as I could make out everything before a 3 was either "dead" or "not for sale".

Or for sale at a ridiculous collectors price. (err really? a device about to die?)

So my thought would be that the K2 index will slowly die soon as the devices do, that is a very sad thing to say but the battery life of the device is sadly outstripped by people length of love for them.

Hope you get it sorted in the interim.

(I look at my k3 and see it's sad one-day destiny written in this post)
ho hum *cheery thoughts*
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I do have a K2. And my son has a K3. If I can find the time, I will certainly have a go at getting 3.4 onto the K2.