Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #106
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrys View Post

from Amazon UK and can change (but is currently up to date), and there's a link there to go to the actual-source UK page to doublecheck, and it's still a match.

Wording there says,
"You can browse other websites globally via a Wi-Fi connection. Access to other websites while travelling abroad is available via a 3G connection in the 61 countries listed below."
But in fact the table contains only 59 countries, Ukraine and Russia have been taken out.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:47 AM   #107
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Little.Egret, thanks for catching that. I was looking at the table from 2010, which had 59 countries too, before Russia and the Ukraine were added (until recently).

I've updated the page tonight.
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #108
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasanwedad View Post
I'm not sure how it doesn't. Amazon never stated the restriction when it was sold, and while I can honestly say I'm not likely to hit a 50MB cap, it's still annoying to now have to worry about it. I didn't pay to get limited later on...
The web browser was ALWAYS described as "experimental". Right from the very first Kindle with Internet access.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #109
ThomasC
Thunder Down Under
ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.

Device: kindle dxg, K3, K4nt, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasanwedad View Post
I'm not sure how it doesn't. Amazon never stated the restriction when it was sold, and while I can honestly say I'm not likely to hit a 50MB cap, it's still annoying to now have to worry about it. I didn't pay to get limited later on...
At least they have left it free-3G and not restricted to just the kindle store and wikipedia.

I managed to go over the 50mb cap a couple of months ago when I was on a 3 week overseas holiday.

A message box appeared on my K3 that said I had exceeded this monthly limit and could now only access via wifi or 3g to the kindle store only. It also gave me a 48hr grace period that covered me for the rest of the month.

I've never exceeded this limit with my dxg probably because I leave the dxg browser in Basic Mode and disable pictures. With my K3 keyboard I did not do this and it's probably why I hit this limit.

Cheers,
Tom
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote