Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-01-2011, 10:14 PM   #1
res0ru57
res0ru57 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Ereader
Help with Borders Desktop App

Hi, I'm a new user of this forum, and I signed up because I need help in using my Kobo Ereader. I have the Borders Desktop App which I installed to be able to buy ebooks from Borders to sync into my Kobo. But now the "eject/sync" panel is not coming up anymore, and I can't get it to come up so that I can sync books into my ereader. I've tried to call Borders tech support, but I get switched from one place to another without getting to anyone to help = kind of a circular run-around. Can anyone tell me how to get the "sync" button and the "eject" button to come back. I keep getting a book from my "Current Reading" list in that space, and can't get it out! Help! Thanks!! res0ru57
res0ru57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:48 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread ....

You may get a quick answer by posting the question in the Kobo Forum
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #3
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:03 PM   #4
KjellM
Connoisseur
KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Glo HD, Aura ONE
The "Current Reading" book shows when the Desktop application does NOT detect a Kobo e-Reader connected, by the USB cable, to the computer.

A couple of questions:
1) Which Kobo e-Reader do you have (original or WiFi) ?
2) What version of firmware do you have on the Kobo (Menu/Settings will show you this) ?
3) What version of the Desktop do you have (click on the "i" at the top right)? Current version is 1.8.
4) What type of computer and OS do you have (for ex. PC and Windows-XP) ?

When you connect the Kobo to the computer with a USB cable it should show up as a disk drive in Windows Explorer or the equivalent on a Mac or Linux. Does it ?
KjellM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:54 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Have you tried a different USB cable and/or port on your computer?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2011, 05:34 PM   #6
bluesgirl1976
bluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbluesgirl1976 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kobo touch/Kobo wi-fi
I am having issues myself with Kobo and am not the expert here but when you plug in USB port you must select manage library on the Kobo screen if you select keep reading or keep the Kobo off you will just see the book you are currently reading at the lower left....not eject or sync.
bluesgirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote