Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 07:33 AM   #61
nursedude
Zealot
nursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo (Original), KT, iPad 1, iPhone 4S, iPad 3rd gen
I went away from the iPad for a while and recently came back it when the 3rd gen cam out which has changed some of my apps. My top 10 now are:

USA Today
BBC News
Sky Grid

Weather Eye HD
Dropbox
i.TV

Goodreader
iBooks

Facebook
N Fold U - a neat local app that amalgamates local news sources and twitter feeds for my area
nursedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #62
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I recently downloaded National Geographics Today. It is a free app with awesome photos. It is different from the magazine subscription and posts new stuff every day.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #63
lucasfernan89
Fanatic
lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle
Colour Splash
Sketch Book
Flashcards
Photon (browser with flash support)
lucasfernan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #64
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I just bought a few time-wasters, of which CryptoQuip is my favorite.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #65
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Kindle
Financial Times
Ticket to Ride
Settlers of Catan
Tikal
Puerto Rico
Washington Post
Mah Jong
Spider
Solitaire

I have only had it for a week. I bought it to check email and play silly games, what can I say?
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #66
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
ComicGlass
Dark Horse
Viz Manga
Comixology
GoodReader
Netflix
Crunchyroll
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #67
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
ComicGlass
Dark Horse
Viz Manga
Comixology
GoodReader
Netflix
Crunchyroll
I think that I have all of those except for ComicGlass. I'll be sure to check it out.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #68
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
The Read It Later App was revamped and renamed Pocket. It is a great app for saving articles to be read offline later. Its supposed to be good for saving videos, as well, but I dont use that function.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #69
thomaswoodlick
thomaswoodlick began at the beginning.

Device: iphone 4s
Ipad apps

I have lots of apps in my ipad. But my most favourite apps are The fat finger, itazer, Aurora Feint 3, Crush the Castles, Cliffed: Norm's World XL (universal), Frotz (universal), Trundle Hd and many more.

Thanks
Thomas
thomaswoodlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #70
menevets
Connoisseur
menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300/Kindle 4 basic/iPad/iPod Touch/iPhone/Nexus 7
Safari - For NYTimes, posting to reddit, looking things up
Instapaper - Been using it from day 1 of release. The definitive iOS app
Kindle - Awesome for the sync between iPhone and Kindle eink reader
Evernote - Approaching 4,000 notes - text, audio, video, photos
Twitter - Breaks news infinitely faster than CNN
Oxford Dictionary - Boring and utilitarian, but the best expensive app I bought, ever
Pleco Dictionary - Improving my Chinese
Netflix - Your own portable mini movie theater
GoodReader - Pdfs
Bluefire - Borrow library ebooks
Anki - For memorizing things

Last edited by menevets; 05-10-2012 at 03:45 PM.
menevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:31 AM   #71
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I have been immersed for several days in a game called Waking Mars. I found it through Apple's recommendations I think. From the description I thought it would be something like SimCity but it's not, although there are some simulation aspects. It's a mission based game, and the missions involve gathering information about the various life forms encountered and growing them to build a more or less balanced eco-system. Some of the creatures are friendly, others are dangerous, but they all have their uses.

I love this game, and I highly recommend it for people who like non stressful games involving reflexion and strategy.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:28 AM   #72
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Zinio - Magazines
PressReader - Newspapers
Bookman - Comics
Stanza - Books
Kindle - Books
Safari - Browsing
OPlayerHD - Video
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #73
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Kobo Libra H2O
Iannotate
Noteshelf (best handwriting app I've found LOVE it!!)
Netflix
iBooks
Kobobooks (not bc the app is awesome but because that's where I get most my books now)
Goodreads
Plecco
Dropbox
AwesomeCal
jenieliser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #74
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenieliser View Post
...Noteshelf (best handwriting app I've found LOVE it!!)....l
Interesting. Is there an app for turning what you've written into text?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #75
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Interesting. Is there an app for turning what you've written into text?
At least two of them (notes plus and Myscript, they share the same handwriting recognition engine), but frankly my experience has been that it's quicker and safer to type by hand than go through the process of handwriting, converting and correcting.

I confirm that Noteshelf is a great app, the best IMO for handwritten notes.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote