Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
slvrsplsh
Enthusiast
slvrsplsh doesn't litterslvrsplsh doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Nook Color
Can't connect to Google or Android Market (PRS-T1)

Looks like I spoke a little too soon. I have done all the upgrades to make this a rooted PRS-T1, however I keep getting error messages. The latest is when I try to install apps from the Android Market. All I get is that the download did not succeed. I have about 6 apps in my download queue and they won't download. Also, when I try to connect to Google for any reason it tells me I must have a working internet connection. I verified that my WiFi was on before proceeding and that is what I got. Just to make sure I went to AndroidPIT, downloaded and installed 2 apps. I love my reader but I am starting to wonder if its worth the trouble trying to expand its capabilities. As always, any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in Advance,
David
slvrsplsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #2
dmiller
Enthusiast
dmiller began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrsplsh View Post
I have done all the upgrades to make this a rooted PRS-T1, however I keep getting error messages. The latest is when I try to install apps from the Android Market. All I get is that the download did not succeed.
I am having the same problem. Android Market installed fine, but Apps don't download. Any suggestions will be appreciated!
dmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
dmiller
Enthusiast
dmiller began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Hi slvrsplsh:

I had "download as SD Card" selected in the PRS-T1 settings menu. Changing the setting to "internal memory" solved the problem. See the instructions here for more information: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...rket_Procedure.

I hope this helps!

d.miller
dmiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android market, google