Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-14-2016, 04:00 PM   #1
Grollicus
Grollicus began at the beginning.

Device: my laptop
Ebook viewer - everything is huge since update

Hello everyone,

I'm using calibre on my arch linux laptop which has a 14" 1080p display.

Since 2.66 the ebook viewer is somewhat ugly - looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/Q5uXDN3.png (original size, 1920x1080)

Notice: The font is way too large and its way over the 900 px text width which is configured in the viewer settings. Also the icons are unnecessarily large.

I suspect this is because of the recent hiDPI changes. Is there an easy way to disable them? Maybe an environment variable that makes calibre look normal again?

Thank you for your help,
Grollicus

Edit:
Oh well, should have looked a bit more into this before I posted it. Setting one of the environment variables QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR, QT_SCALE_FACTOR, QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS or QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO makes calibre not activate autoscaling so I'm good. Also its as simple as to remove "QApplication.setAttribute(Qt.AA_EnableHighDpiScal ing, True)" from calibre/gui2/__init__.py which will propably be my solution.
Thank you anyway!

on..

Last edited by Grollicus; 09-14-2016 at 04:19 PM.
Grollicus is offline   Reply With Quote