Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-28-2024, 08:07 PM   #1
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Change Default Cover Page (titlepage.xhtml)?

I'm trying to change the default cover page (titlepage.xhtml in the editor) that Calibre creates during conversion (or during a Polish). All I'd like to do is include the following at the top of the <body>:
Code:
<h1 title="Cover"></h1>
So that that the cover gets included when rebuilding the TOC in the editor.

I'd assumed that I could just copy the appropriate file from:

C:\Program Files\Calibre2\app\resources

over to:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\calibre\resources

and modify it (as noted in the manual):

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cus...ates-et-cetera

But, I can't find a file/folder that looks like it would control how that cover page looks. Any ideas?
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 09:25 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
These are defined in code not via templates IIRC. In any case you should not be linking to the cover page in your toc. While that works in epub it wont in the kindle formats as they dont actually have a linkable cover.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2024, 09:28 PM   #3
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I wouldn't add the header tag to the cover.

I tried it a couple times, and it forces an extra blank page.
Even though the <h1> tag is empty, the tag is there, so any margins and paddings are still forced onto the page which bumps the cover image to the next page.
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote