Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #31
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Okay, stupid question here. I looked all through the settings app and can't find anywhere how to tell how much memory is left. What am I missing?
Settings > General > About.

Harry's suggestion offers a more specific breakdown of usage.

Last edited by Maggie Leung; 08-09-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:09 PM   #32
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
So, no onboard monitoring, then.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #33
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Leung View Post
Settings > General > About.

Harry's suggestion offers a more specific breakdown of usage.
Ah. Got it. 48 G available on a 64 Gig model. (I'm a light weight, apparently.)
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #34
JimKal
Zealot
JimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheese

Device: iPad, iMac,iPhone, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Okay, stupid question here. I looked all through the settings app and can't find anywhere how to tell how much memory is left. What am I missing?
I know what you mean. It took me a while to find it but once you find it you realize how easy it is. From the Settings app you will see a General tab. Click on About and you will see your memory availability.

As usual, a day late and a dollar short. Maggie beat me to the answer.

Last edited by JimKal; 08-09-2010 at 03:31 PM.
JimKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:06 PM   #35
olivelove
olivelove began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
What is the best site to purchase books for the ipad?
olivelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2010, 09:39 PM   #36
JimKal
Zealot
JimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheese

Device: iPad, iMac,iPhone, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivelove View Post
What is the best site to purchase books for the ipad?
I think Amazon has the best overall selection. Amazon and B&N have comparable pricing.
JimKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:09 AM   #37
kissyfish
Connoisseur
kissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Irex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimKal View Post
I know what you mean. It took me a while to find it but once you find it you realize how easy it is. From the Settings app you will see a General tab. Click on About and you will see your memory availability.

As usual, a day late and a dollar short. Maggie beat me to the answer.
One thing to watch is the OTHER category of memory, mine had grown to 5 gig, and I could not tell what this would be comprised of. Apparently this is due to apps not doing a proper cleanup of memory, I did a restore, look out though as my backup file did not restore properly, so I lost all of my settings and docs, all books and apps and such came back, but lost my contacts and checking account info, but I did have only 300 Meg of other memory consumed.

But I am certain I did not have that much data being stored in my apps.
kissyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:36 AM   #38
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I have 10 Gb left of a 16 GB ipad. I don't put music on it, my iphone has that. I don't do email on it, my iphone has that. Just books and I keep about 4 movies (about a GB apiece) on it at any one time. I store many books on it, but they don't take up much room. I have few apps other than the basics it comes with.

Reading, internet, occasional game of chess against shredder chess, thats its use.
drofgnal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:51 AM   #39
djpyle
Writer
djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Oasis, Paperwhite 1, iPhone 6+
Of my 64 gigs, I'm using just over 30. I knew I'd be cutting it close if I got the 32 GB. I probably could have managed to keep it under 32 by getting rid of some of the music I don't listen to as often, but I'm glad I went with 64. It's nice to have plenty of wiggle room.
djpyle is offline   Reply With Quote