Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-22-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
kgn
Groupie
kgn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 302
Feature request - Connect to folder(s)

Since V0.7.6 Calibre has not been able to connect to my ebook reader (PB302). To get around this, I have used the "Connect to folder" option. This works perfectly - I simply connect to the SDHC card on the ebook reader and Calibre does not know any different.

The problem is I also have internal memory on the ebook reader. I can disconnect from the external folder on the reader, and connect to the internal folders - and that works fine. But then I have to remember which books are which folders.

Would it be possible to connect to TWO folders at the same time - ie just what happens when you connect a device?
kgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You really should open tickets for feature requests, forum posts get lost.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #3
kgn
Groupie

good idea - thanks
Old 07-23-2010, 02:43 AM   #4
tarakanbg
tarakanbg began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 302
I can't confirm this bug. I also have PB 302, it connects and works flawlessly with Calibre both in Ubuntu and Windows 7. Both storage areas are recognized and show up: the internal reader memory and the SD card. The only imperfection is that the device is recognized as PB 360, not PB 302 but to me that's purely cosmetic, since the firmware on those 2 devices is virtually the same.

Last edited by tarakanbg; 07-23-2010 at 02:47 AM.
tarakanbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:22 AM   #5
kgn
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarakanbg View Post
I can't confirm this bug. I also have PB 302, it connects and works flawlessly with Calibre both in Ubuntu and Windows 7.
Good to know. I have spent a LOT of time on this problem. I have loaded 7 versions of Calibre in sequence, and so far have reached 0.7.6 in testing. Since each version takes around 30 minutes to install, and then scan the device, I kind of gave up at that point. 0.7.6 works just fine.

0.7.9 will connect to my PB302 just fine if I use the folder method. So it is not an issue with the hardware connection itself.

Maybe it is the OS. The system that 0.7.9 fails in is Vista 64. I have 0.7.6 running in Win 7 just fine. Since it is so hard to go down a version with Calibre, I stopped at a version that works.
Advert
Old 07-23-2010, 05:01 AM   #6
tarakanbg
tarakanbg began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 302
Another thing that might be worth mentioning is that I use the latest firmware 15.2 on my PB 302: upgraded to that right after I bought the device, so never tried with the older firmware versions, including the one that was shipped with the reader. May be that would solve the issue for you?
tarakanbg is offline   Reply With Quote