Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 04-08-2017, 04:51 PM   #16
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Suggestion - provide keyboard shortcuts to move selected items. Similar to this ==>> Saved Search Drag & Drop

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:44 PM   #17
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Kovid
I have had it Flip the group order on me . (more than oncetrying to Nest Chpters with in a Part.. It is a PITA to reorder )

Now I am careful to always select Top Down, and drag the top.

Can I give specific steps to make it fail: No
Me, too! I also have never figured out what sleight of hand I employed to do the reverse-the-order trick. I'd like to know so that I can make sure it never happens again
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2017, 08:07 PM   #18
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phssthpok View Post
Here are two photos of the screen: one dragging the last item in the selection, the other dragging the first item. I did it using photos because none of my screen capture tools would show the "not allowed" cursor!
I don't know why it happens, but I experience this too (Windows 7 and Windows 10). I get around it by simply selecting the group to be moved by clicking on the far left then dragging it to the group where I want it to be included. This works every time no matter where in the group (top, middle or bottom) I click.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:36 PM   #19
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Without being able to reproduce, I really can't see any way to fix it -- the best i can suggest is it might be something in Qt, in which case the soon to be released calibre 3.0 might help as it has an upgraded version of Qt.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:11 AM   #20
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
It doesn't matter which order I select the items in, it's always the same. I also have to drag the top half of the first item -- if I click in the bottom half of the item, it won't allow it.

The flipping-the-order thing happened once when I was experimenting with selecting items in a random order before dragging; it wouldn't allow the drag, but it reversed the order of the selected items. I haven't managed to get it to happen again.
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2017, 08:18 AM   #21
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Suggestion - provide keyboard shortcuts to move selected items. Similar to this ==>> Saved Search Drag & Drop

BR
I'd really like it if the arrow buttons allowed the move if all the selected items are at the same level. Presumably the D&D logic has to check the levels to decide whether to allow the drop, so couldn't the arrow buttons do the same as D&D?
Old 04-09-2017, 08:20 AM   #22
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Without being able to reproduce, I really can't see any way to fix it -- the best i can suggest is it might be something in Qt, in which case the soon to be released calibre 3.0 might help as it has an upgraded version of Qt.
Will the upgraded Qt also fix the editor problem where characters go missing (are not displayed) at the start of lines containing NBSPs?
Old 04-09-2017, 10:18 AM   #23
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phssthpok View Post
Will the upgraded Qt also fix the editor problem where characters go missing (are not displayed) at the start of lines containing NBSPs?
No since it has not been fixed in Qt. https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-47244
Old 04-09-2017, 10:19 AM   #24
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@BR: i'm really busy with the final bits of coding to get the beta for 3.0 ready -- so ping me about it some time after 3.0 is released, sa I dont want to get distracted.
Old 04-09-2017, 03:02 PM   #25
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No since it has not been fixed in Qt. https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-47244

Quote:
@BR: i'm really busy with the final bits of coding to get the beta for 3.0 ready -- so ping me about it some time after 3.0 is released, sa I dont want to get distracted.
todoed

BR
Old 04-12-2017, 06:24 AM   #26
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...54cf4be355c06c

@BR: There are already keyboard shortcuts for the up and down buttons. See the tooltips on the buttons.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:16 PM   #27
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@kovid,

Thank you very much for the great new 'Undo' button for the TOC editor.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:23 PM   #28
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...54cf4be355c06c

@BR: There are already keyboard shortcuts for the up and down buttons. See the tooltips on the buttons.
So there are. When the new server is done and dusted, maybe up/down green arrows could be given consistent (maybe even fixed) short cuts everywhere - editor, viewer, library manager.

If you had an apprentice - preferably on 19th century terms (i.e. they pay you for the privilege) - he/she could do it

BR
Old 04-14-2017, 05:11 AM   #29
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.

Quote:
My hero!
Old 04-15-2017, 11:37 PM   #30
MikeKReader
MikeKReader began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Kovid
I have had it Flip the group order on me . (more than oncetrying to Nest Chpters with in a Part.. It is a PITA to reorder )

Now I am careful to always select Top Down, and drag the top.

Can I give specific steps to make it fail: No
I haven't noticed this in TOC, but if I try to drag a collection of .html files in the editor, they always seem to reverse order. Annoying, but not a big deal so far, since I am just doing this with files I've emptied and pasted into another .html file.

I'll have to try selecting just the top one when dragging a block of them.

Dumbass me! I'll have to try to remember to read through the whole thread before jumping in with both feet!

Last edited by MikeKReader; 04-15-2017 at 11:41 PM.
MikeKReader is offline   Reply With Quote