Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-23-2024, 10:25 PM   #1
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
OTA updates not available?

My Sage is on Stable, my Libra H2O on nightly. When I try to update my Sage I get "update information not available on Stable channel" When I try on my Libra H2O, I get "unable to contact OTA server. Try agan later or try another mirror" Is there a timeframe for a fix on this?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 05:22 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
While https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/10615 is still open the same issue might happen month after month: the server that runs the entire koreader.rocks infrastructure gets killed because it exceeded the network bandwith.

That affects OTA updates, dictionary donwloads, the sync server and maybe others?

The server always returns back to life during the 26th of each month.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2024, 05:24 PM   #3
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Using mirrors for OTA updates doesn't help as mirrors rely on the main server to fetch updates to mirror

But that might explain the two different messages you're seeing, I really don't know.
Old 02-24-2024, 10:45 PM   #4
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
While https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/10615 is still open the same issue might happen month after month: the server that runs the entire koreader.rocks infrastructure gets killed because it exceeded the network bandwith.

That affects OTA updates, dictionary donwloads, the sync server and maybe others?

THanks for that, I'll mark the 26th on my calendar.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 07:03 AM   #5
Ebookus
Enthusiast
Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Voyage, Oasis
Quote:

interesting. who pays for the servers?
Ebookus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2024, 07:20 AM   #6
rantanplan
Fanatic
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
So that explains why I couldn't login to the official sync server. I switched to an alternative sync server, and I'm quite happy with it. I think about hosting my own but docker support immediately puts me in a higher pricing tier :-/
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 11:04 AM   #7
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
So that explains why I couldn't login to the official sync server. I switched to an alternative sync server, and I'm quite happy with it.
I think you're talking about https://kosync.ak-team.com:3042, which is maintained by NiLuJe. If not please share your alternative one, to be aware of it.

I spawned another instance in https://kosync.duckdns.org. Each instance keeps its own database, so it's not an option to switch between them often.

Just select one that works for you, setup your KO devices to use all the same instance and have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
I think about hosting my own but docker support immediately puts me in a higher pricing tier :-/
Both the alternative servers are based on a single rust binary, which is easier to deploy and does not require docker or any other complex setup. Just a recent enough rust compiler.
Old 03-01-2024, 11:06 AM   #8
rantanplan
Fanatic
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
I'm using https://kosync.rustysoft.de/
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 11:09 AM   #9
pazos
cosiñeiro

Oh, great! I didn't know about this one. He's using its own implementation at https://git.rustysoft.de/martin/kosyncrs

Last edited by pazos; 03-01-2024 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-01-2024, 05:00 PM   #10
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Not a bad Gitea theme. Or maybe Forgejo changed the default a bit to look different?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 06:25 AM   #11
beedaddy
Zealot
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Not a bad Gitea theme. Or maybe Forgejo changed the default a bit to look different?
Yes, it's forgejo's default theme.

(Ah, and I moved kosync.rustysoft.de to a new server a few days ago. I just noticed then, that it is used by a few other people. I hope that the move has not caused any problems for them.)
beedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote