Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-16-2017, 04:41 AM   #1711
k_k_kls
k_k_kls began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That is working as expected. Calibre updates the book with the latest version of the metadata when sending the book. But, it needs to know how to do this. epubs are fully supported. But, calibre doesn't include plugins to write the metadata to kepub or CBZ formats. For kepubs, you need the Kepub Metadata Writer plugin. For CBZ, I think you need Embed Comic Metadata.

The other side of this is the ereader. Kobo ereaders will get the metadata from epubs and kepubs. But, I don't think they read CBR or CBZ.
Thank you.It seems I have to plug-unplug-plug-unplug all the time.
k_k_kls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 12:54 PM   #1712
Tijntje
Tijntje began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Is there a way to create the shelves with custom prefixes?
Right now I only use series but would also like to use others like tags.

It would be nice if Serie shelves could start with Series: and tag shelves with Tags:
Tijntje is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2017, 01:52 PM   #1713
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I would make use of an additional custom column; maybe something like

KoboSeries
Computed based on other columns
{series:|Series:|}

and then use #KoboSeries in your shelf rather than Series
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 06:12 PM   #1714
NotDot
NotDot began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE
First of all, thank you for your amazing plugin! And sorry for my bad english, it's not my first language.

I have a problem with Collections auto-creating. I'll try to describe how I want it to work.
When I'm uploading the books which are the part of any collection, I want to have 2 separate bookshelves (collections) on my Kobo Aura ONE. 1st is 'Author Name' (for example, "Corey, James S.A.") and 2nd is 'Author Name - Series Name' ("Corey, James S.A. - The Expanse").

To achieve this goal I created a new column with following settings:
http://i.imgur.com/uOYQNvM.png
Column built from other columns, behaves like tags.
{author_sort}{series:| - |}
I named it "authorseries". In Library interface it gives me exactly what I wanted:
http://i.imgur.com/uQEiXCH.png

Now to the plugin configuration:
http://i.imgur.com/dvwMAWA.png
And here is the problem. #authorseries takes 'author_sort' which contains a comma, so the plugin think the comma should separate the format "author_last_name; comma; author_first_name; space; hyphen; space; series_name" into 2 bookshelves:
1. author_last_name
(comma works as separator)
2. author_first_name; space; hyphen; space; series_name

Like this:
http://i.imgur.com/f8fTHdh.png

And on device:
http://i.imgur.com/V79Isjc.jpg

I hope I described my problem good enough. Is there any way to achieve my goal? Maybe you can use ";" instead of "," as a separator? Or any other way?

Anyway, thanks for your time!

EDIT
Damn! I just fixed it by changing "Column built from other columns, behaves like tags." to "Column built from other columns".
http://i.imgur.com/vuErL8r.png

I'll leave it here in case someone will encounter my problem. Sorry for disturbing!

Last edited by NotDot; 04-23-2017 at 08:00 PM.
NotDot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 12:36 AM   #1715
reinhardtjh
reinhardtjh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
I have had a Kobo Aura since 2015. And sometime in April I upgraded the firmware to the new 4.x series, currently 4.5.9587. I went a few weeks before adding any new books, but when I finally did, i started getting this error on "Send to Device"

Code:
calibre, version 3.7.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

This file is locked with DRM. It cannot be edited.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 88, in run
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 592, in _upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 335, in upload_books
  File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 2014, in upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 179, in _modify_epub
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/oeb/polish/container.py", line 1165, in __init__
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/oeb/polish/container.py", line 1237, in process_encryption
DRMError: This file is locked with DRM. It cannot be edited.

I fussed with it for quite a while, going so far as to reset my Aura to factory setting, deleting all books and starting over but still I got the error - even on books I'd previously (before the firmware upgrade) loaded with no problem. Not on every book but most of them. I finally switched the Calibre driver back the "main" Kobo driver and no error. Books that would not load, did. So I switched back to the extended driver and I get the error. So whatever it is, it's something between the extended driver and the newer firmware on the Aura.

I watched here to see if anyone else would report it but I haven't seen it (or I missed it). So could it be something that I'm doing?

Thanks in advance for any help.

John H. Reinhardt
reinhardtjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2017, 01:38 AM   #1716
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinhardtjh View Post
I have had a Kobo Aura since 2015. And sometime in April I upgraded the firmware to the new 4.x series, currently 4.5.9587. I went a few weeks before adding any new books, but when I finally did, i started getting this error on "Send to Device"

Code:
calibre, version 3.7.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

This file is locked with DRM. It cannot be edited.

File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 88, in run
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 592, in _upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 335, in upload_books
  File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 2014, in upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 179, in _modify_epub
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/oeb/polish/container.py", line 1165, in __init__
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/oeb/polish/container.py", line 1237, in process_encryption
DRMError: This file is locked with DRM. It cannot be edited.

I fussed with it for quite a while, going so far as to reset my Aura to factory setting, deleting all books and starting over but still I got the error - even on books I'd previously (before the firmware upgrade) loaded with no problem. Not on every book but most of them. I finally switched the Calibre driver back the "main" Kobo driver and no error. Books that would not load, did. So I switched back to the extended driver and I get the error. So whatever it is, it's something between the extended driver and the newer firmware on the Aura.

I watched here to see if anyone else would report it but I haven't seen it (or I missed it). So could it be something that I'm doing?
Sorry, but the message tells you exactly what is wrong: "This file is locked with DRM. It cannot be edited.". You need to removed the DRM, or select the option in the driver to "Silently Ignore Failed Converions". That option means the books with DRM will be sent as epubs. The KoboTouch driver works because it does not attempt to change anything in the ePub that is protected by DRM.

And just to be clear, this has nothing to do with the firmware version on the device. Or the version of calibre. This is independent of the device and if you tried to open the book with the calibre viewer or editor, you would get a similar message.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:44 AM   #1717
reinhardtjh
reinhardtjh began at the beginning.

Thanks for your information. I probably broke the cardinal rule of changing only one thing at a time and loaded new firmware onto the Kobo, changed the driver in Calibre and who knows what else all at the same time. Other things changed on my Kobo at the same time so I attributed it to the new firmware. Books that I had previously loaded and erased, now failed to load, but I must have loaded them with the "normal" driver and switched to the extended at some point later on.

I must have something else set wrong as the "Silently Ignore Failed Converions" option is checked (as shown by this screen shot) and still I get the error. Maybe it's the "Upload DRM-encumbered ePub files" I'll have to disable that and try.

It's interesting that it only happens with most Adobe DRM file, but not all. They must use differing versions of DRM.

At least I know the cause and can work around it now. Thanks!

John H. Reinhardt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre-kobo_ext_driver.png
Views:	165
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	158705  
reinhardtjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:15 PM   #1718
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
It's interesting that it only happens with most Adobe DRM file, but not all. They must use differing versions of DRM.
Yes, they are using a different DRM. You need to unistall the ADE you have and install ADE 2.0.1. Any version of ADE after 2.0.1 can have ePub downloaded with a new DRM. The new DRM cannot be removed.

I have no idea if a Kobo can handle this new DRM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:22 AM   #1719
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for your information. I probably broke the cardinal rule of changing only one thing at a time and loaded new firmware onto the Kobo, changed the driver in Calibre and who knows what else all at the same time. Other things changed on my Kobo at the same time so I attributed it to the new firmware. Books that I had previously loaded and erased, now failed to load, but I must have loaded them with the "normal" driver and switched to the extended at some point later on.

I must have something else set wrong as the "Silently Ignore Failed Converions" option is checked (as shown by this screen shot) and still I get the error. Maybe it's the "Upload DRM-encumbered ePub files" I'll have to disable that and try.

Firstly, you are right, it is the "Upload DRM-encumbered ePub files" option. I have no idea how missed it when I looked before.

The upload should fail for all books in the calibre library that have DRM. A likely reason is that something has happened to the DRM removal plugins so that when you add books to the library they don't get the DRM stripped. Try opening the books that have the problem with the calibre viewer. If they still have DRM, the viewer will display DRM error.

And, as you have discovered, the option isn't working. I've just tried it and see the same error for a book with DRM. Looking at the code, something has changed in the underlying calibre code for opening a book for changing. It shouldn't be to hard to fix. I'll try and look at it sometime this week.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:42 AM   #1720
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
David
I think the Quality check PI will find the books that still have DRM, in one pass. (assumes you expect t o be nullified in all books in your library)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:05 AM   #1721
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
David
I think the Quality check PI will find the books that still have DRM, in one pass. (assumes you expect t o be nullified in all books in your library)
That's how I found some books to test the driver. But, it did find some books that I know don't have DRM. I haven't looked at the Quality Check PI code, so I don't know what it is doing.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:14 PM   #1722
DigitalN
DigitalN began at the beginning.

I have been trying to get this plugin to work for me over the past few days, but I've been struggling to have it work correctly. The books convert just fine, but when I try to read them on the device the right side of the page is cut off... If I resize the text it's clear the words are still there but the margins are all messed up.

Anyone experience this before and can tell me what I need to do to fix it?

Calibre 3.7
KoboTouchExtended 2.8.2
Kepub Metadata Reader/Writer 2.7.1
Kobo Aura 4.5.9587
DigitalN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:50 PM   #1723
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalN View Post
I have been trying to get this plugin to work for me over the past few days, but I've been struggling to have it work correctly. The books convert just fine, but when I try to read them on the device the right side of the page is cut off... If I resize the text it's clear the words are still there but the margins are all messed up.

Anyone experience this before and can tell me what I need to do to fix it?

Calibre 3.7
KoboTouchExtended 2.8.2
Kepub Metadata Reader/Writer 2.7.1
Kobo Aura 4.5.9587
And you are probably using the full screen mode to read the books. This is unsupported on the device and has some bugs. The main one is that for some book/size/font/phase of the moon combinations, the right side of the page is cut off. This has been discussed a bit here and in the Kobo forum. The only fix I remember that works all the time is a patch to the firmware. That is available in the Developers part of the Kobo forum.

If you aren't using full screen mode, then it will be something unusual in the code of the books. We'd need to see an example to be able to make a suggestion of what is wrong.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:01 PM   #1724
DigitalN
DigitalN began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
And you are probably using the full screen mode to read the books. This is unsupported on the device and has some bugs. The main one is that for some book/size/font/phase of the moon combinations, the right side of the page is cut off. This has been discussed a bit here and in the Kobo forum. The only fix I remember that works all the time is a patch to the firmware. That is available in the Developers part of the Kobo forum.

If you aren't using full screen mode, then it will be something unusual in the code of the books. We'd need to see an example to be able to make a suggestion of what is wrong.
You are correct, thanks for the help figuring this out! Turning off fullscreen mode works perfectly now. Thank you again
DigitalN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:40 PM   #1725
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
I'm not sure what happened with my plugin installation. I'm using Calibre 3.8 64bit version: everything was working fine until last week, when I sent a book to my Kobo which was automatically converted in .kepub as usual. I open Calibre again today and the plugin is not installed anymore, and when I try to reinstall it, I get this error message:

Code:
calibre, version 3.8.0
ERRORE: Install plugin failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart calibre.

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 726, in _install_clicked
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 461, in add_plugin
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 60, in load_plugin
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 199, in load
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 183, in load_module
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.__init__", line 7, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED
It shouldn't be related to me having updated Calibre, I think, as I did that way before my most recent successful conversion. Could this be related to me having installed the latest Kobo firmware (4.6.9960, Glo HD)?
so much in advance!
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, kobo aura one